panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-11-19

Less quality during rotation

I noticed that when i rotate the pano, the picture gets a lesser quality. Now we use the ptviewer.jar and that works much better. But i realy like the software ! Is there anything to do about this problem ? Also I like to know where i can change the rotation speed . Please let me know ...
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-11-22

I agree with both of your points. The picture quality could/should be better during rotation. I remember that it is important to have your window size a multiple of 8, but even that doesn't help.

I'd like to be able to control the initial rotation speed and the sensitivity of the input during rotations. (ie. I can't get it to rotate fast enough with my mouse and I have to really move my mouse a long way with the button down to get it up to full rotations speed.)

It is a great product, especially for version 1.0. I'm just looking for tweaks for v1.1. ;-)

----------------Jeff

---------------Jeff

WinXP, IE 6.0.2800, Sun Java 2 (v1.4.1), Dell 8300, P4, 3.04, 2 gig, lots of hard disks, TourWeaver, PanoWeaver and other stuff. Call for details! ;-)
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-11-26

I would buy this program today if the panos didn't have the banding/shimmering look when rotating and if the rotation speed was controllable.  Is Easypano working on this and when will we see a fix?

Tom

www.go360media.com
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2003-11-27

I believe this is their own viewer and NOT PTViewer. This is somewhat disappointing. I too am hoping for a fix.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-11-27

It would be nice to get a response from Easypano about this. 

I'm messing with the demo right now, checking out all the functions.  I'm sure there will be lots of suggestions for added features but this issue is getting down to basics...quality!  Let's go Easypano, I'm itching to use this program.

Tom

www.go360media.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-11-27
If it is a must for you to regulate the speed of the tour rotation,you can implement the API methods, autoPan(double dPPS, double dTPS,double dFOVPS) in JavaScript to achieve your goal. How to implement the JavaScript API, please refer to Easypano Tourweaver Manual Chapter 7 which can be downloaded at http://www.easypano.com/download/productdocument/31/Tourweaver
In our future updated version, allowing the advanced users to modify "autoPan" method in config.txt.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-12-08

Hi, I think the problem is that Tourweaver relies on Javascript which is slow coparing it with the java runtie envireoment that ptviewer relied upon. The picture is not only slow but not smooth.
The situation is very similar for an advanced 3d application trying to run on a 2d card.

Please  Easypano programmers take care of it as it is a VERY serious drawback. PTviewer has much better performace.

If I want to describe it with one word I would say:

"GLITCHES"

chaw,

To give it a more accurate

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-12-09

I'm happy to see that the Version 1.01 viewer is much better that version 1.0.  The panning is still a bit jerky but it's much better.

There is something that I am seeing that really bugs me.  I have a band running vertically down the center of the image in the viewer around 2 pixels wide that reveals a miss alignment of the left and right halves of the image.  This is most noticeable in shapes and lines that run at a 45-degree angle.  Has anyone else noticed this quirk?  It looks like one side is slightly higher that the other half by only a pixel or so and within the band the program is trying to blend the two halves. 

I have not uploaded my trial tour to my web server yet but I did to my hard drive so I know it works.  I think it's great that Easypano has opened the program up to let us upload them, even with their logo, so we can share the trial tours with each other.  When I upload the one I've been messing with to my server, I'll post the address and you can all have a go at it, I could use the input.

Tom

www.go360media.com
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2003-12-10

Look forward to seeing it Tom.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-12-10

tdmerch,

I see that banding also. I am going to guess that the software is duplicating a column of pixels in the middle of the screen. Take a nearly verticle line and very slowly rotate it across the middle of the window. You'll see the line "fatten" as it crosses the mid point of the window.

-------------Jeff

---------------Jeff

WinXP, IE 6.0.2800, Sun Java 2 (v1.4.1), Dell 8300, P4, 3.04, 2 gig, lots of hard disks, TourWeaver, PanoWeaver and other stuff. Call for details! ;-)
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-12-10

I put together a two demo virtual tours for anyone to take a look at.  One is with the Tourweaver 1.02 and the other tour is with the same images using PTViewer Scripter.  This is the first time for me to post links on this forum to any of my work.

Tourweaver demo: http://www.go360media.com/capitol1/demo_vt.html

PTViewer Scripter demo: http://www.go360media.com/capitol/rotunda.html

If you have a chance to compare these tours, I would appreciate your input.  I'm still not sold on the viewer quality of Tourweaver but I love the other features.

Thanks,  Tom

www.go360media.com