panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-05-05

Publishing & Implimenting to site

I have finished a tour project and I have tested it on my desktop and it works great. I uploaded it to my site and when I view it on the web the tour stops right at a quarter of the load bar being filled.

I am a novice when it comes to web but I like to think that i am at an intermediate level when it comes to web development. I am almost 100% sure the issue is that when I publish my tour it puts files in a compressed zip folder. IS it possible to even use zip files in web site??

Any one have some ideas for me??

Thank you.

VGLong4
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-05-12

I have not changed any of the file names. I have used the files generated after I publish my project.

Here is a link that goes directly to the generated html.

http://www.asolutionsco.com/tour/ASC_DallasCountyHospital.html

I have put all the needed files in their own directory. Last time I just had all the files on the root and still the same issue.

the load bar should stop about a quarter the way. Any thoughts??

VGLong4
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2008-05-13

It is not a matter of "if" you have changed file names. It is a matter of if you have named your files so that the server being used knows how to phase them.

Just because it works locally doesn't mean it will work correctly from "all" different types of servers.

Another thought is possibly the upload hasn't been correctly done I.E: Binary vs ASCII. Files can become corrupted.

So, once you have made 100% sure that you have followed the advise offered above and then re-upload to the server and it still doesn't work it is then possible that the upload isn't being done correctly and I will need then to know what software you are using and in what mode for the upload.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-05-13

Hmmm the progress bar goes as far as the center of the entrance doors and hangs and progress stops.  Tried it couple of times with same results.  It looks like the server is looking for a file name and can not find it

IE 7 and Vista Ultimate

Dave
Fort Worth Texas

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-05-13
Looking at the source files for the tour it does not look like everything is getting uploaded.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-05-13

The program I am using to upload my files is Adobe Go Live CS2. I am currently checking the settings. I guess I will try the opposite setting and see it that will work.

VGLong4
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-05-13

I just did a walk through on the Binary vs ASCII. I am not very familiar with this area of Go Live.

Is this really a reason why my tour is not working?

I am going to try loading the files to a totaly different hosting company.

VGLong4
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-05-13
I'm guessing your using Tourweaver 3.0? I am not familiar with that version, I use 1.25, but why are you not using Tourweavers built-in publishing function? I think that will turn out to be the problem.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-05-13

Ok... I have just uploaded my tour files to another hosting company and still the same problem.

I have also tried going through my ftp program to see if binary is being used. I honestly do not know about that idea.

I did notice in this forum there was an upgrade on May 9 and it involved this: "The problem about the source images replication in the published zip package."

I have not updated my pano and tourweaver recently. Could this solve my problem??????

Thanks

VGLong4
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-05-13

All is figure out!!!!

I have just figured out that I needed to update my Tourweaver program to get rid of a zip bug.

I am now able to get the files running on the web.

Thank you all for your help.

It's the simple things that bite you in the Arss!!!

VGLong4
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-05-13

Yes I see them now

Hotspots and map are not active

click thumbnail to go to next pano

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR