panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-06-04

Context sensitive buttons possible?

Hi,

I have a tour where there's still scenes hotlinked from pano scenes, I know I could use hotlinks to link back to the pano scenes, but the placement of the hotlink on the still is a bit problematic because sometimes not the whole scene is shown and I don't want to place the hotlink back to the last scene right in the middle of the still.

My question, is it possible to have a back button appear only in a few scenes? Right now I have my main navigation buttons floating on the bottom right side of the viewer window, I would like to have a "back to last scene" button appear when appropriate, is that possible?
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-06-04

I would use a hot spot on just the still images you are trying to link from.  This will only show up on the scene you want. You may need to link it directly to a scene through the actions.  I do not see a "back to last scene" but it does have a "previous scene" action but it just brings it to the previous scene in your scene list on the right and side of TW3.  Whick may or may not work for your style of tour.

RTFM
www.FCEDesign.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-06-05
Thanks for the reply!
After some experiment, I don't think I can achieve the exact effect I want in Tourweaver, so now I settled for linking to popup images, instead of still scenes.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-06-05

Hi Nepenthe

I agree with jamesot that hotspots are the easiest option. If only one hotspot is to be inserted onto an image, I would expand the hotspot boundery to cover the complete image (still or pano), remove the little icon by selecting the image radio button in properties (but no image shown) then filling in the text to the hints box. This will replace the mouse pointer with a finger and the hints dialoge box will pop up momemtarily. In the actions box, you have a number of options in the Scene list including Back (meaning back to the last scene you were looking at), Previous (meaning back one on your scene list), Link to Scene (meaning go to a specific scene)

As a bonus, this method also works in full screen mode where the hint text box is displayed. I have shoved together a few images into a tour to demonstrate this method   http://www.ipan360.co.uk/test/hotspots/index.html 

Hope this helps

Willie

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-06-06
Many thanks!
The suggestion of making the whole picture a hotspot is really clever:)