panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-06-09

Editing the config file

Hi,

Is it possible to edit the config.bin file? I'm guessing this is the file that stores all of the parameters for the tour, and must be the reason for my scenes not linking up. Anyone have any knowledge on this issue?

Jeff

P.S. The tour in question is: http://www.enviropix.com/scottsdale/tour_5th_avenue/vtour.html

Jeff
www.enviropix.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-06-09
How weird to see Scottsdale again! What do you mean the tours are not linking up?
Vince
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-06-09

Go to my tourface: http://www.enviropix.com/scottsdale/tour_5th_avenue/vtour.html

Then right click and open scene: Craftsman Court

Inside there are 2 hotspots. Neither of them are working. I'm completely baffled.

All the other hotspots in my tour work, these do not. So if I open the config file, I'm thinking it must be something in the code??

Your thoughts?

Jeff

Jeff
www.enviropix.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-06-10
On my Mac they show up as "T"'s not little dots like the other ones. I saw 3 others that show up as "T" on the map: 5th Ave, the Trolly spot, and just above Gilbert Ortega's. Are you sure that you linked all those spots to tours? I only ask because I have done the same thing.

ETA: When I click the compass at the bottom of the screen the map that comes up shows those spots as "T"'s, and the working tours do not show up.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-06-10
I can see the hotspots in the "night" view but not in the day view. As you say the two links do not work.

Apartment rentals Nerja

Villa rentals Nerja

Accommodation Nerja

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-06-10

The problem is resolved. I had sent an inquiry to Easy Pano tech support, and what it turned out to be were the ( )'s in the scene name. I knew it had to be simple.

Thanks to all you guys who responded!

Jeff

Jeff
www.enviropix.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-06-10

Yes,  5th Ave is a work of ART !!!  Great job.

Just one observation.  The Fountain "day" and "night" panormas +beacon  are 180 degrees out of phase.  Means when the beacon is pointing in 1 direction the panorama is pointing just the opposite direction.  I think it has to do with  the center point of the panorama.  Center might be 50% from the left side of the flat image.  Do not recall now  - or the intial view might be pointing to the seam area on the left side of the image.

With TW 2,  it was possible to make the beacon be directionally in sync with the panorama.

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-06-11

Thanks Dave,

I'll take a peek. I rushed to get it sea worthy for the meeting with the city and probably overlooked it, so thanks for the heads up!!

Jeff

Jeff
www.enviropix.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-07-11
Glad your problem was resolved - B U T -
your original question was never answed -

Is it possible to edit the config.bin file?

Editing the code used to be simple in earlier versions of TW and remains a critical feature for me.

Can someone please explain how to edit the code in TW3?
callgary
E-mail Gary
Every moment is a learning experience. What have I learned today? What have I taught today?