panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-07-03

Tilting with fisheye

Is there a way to limit the amount of tilt, up or down, for a fisheye image? I set all the controls to "0" but still no luck. I've fiddled with other numbers and same problem. It doesn't look right if the user pans up and there's a bunch of white space underneath.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-07-08
Hi Josh,
Looks like you fixed the problem, could you share the solution?
Vince
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-07-09

For some stupid reason I woke up this morning thinking about this issue. Looking at his tour again, which is very nice, I see he has 3 different types of images.
1. He has undistorted partial panoramic images.
2. He has distorted partial panoramic images.
3. The last 2 are 360 cylindrical images.
As he stated he shoots some with a fisheye and some with a normal lens.
#1 was shot with a normal lens and stitched together and entered as a still image.
#2 was shot with a fisheye or super wide angle lens and stitched and entered as a still image.
#3 was shot with a normal lens, stitched together and entered as a cylindrical or still image. However it was not shot in manual mode because of the color variation in the sky.
How did he get rid of the white at the top and bottom? My guess is because he entered them as stills all he had to do was make the image the same height as the "scene viewer". Then it would automatically slide across the image in tourweaver.

OK Josh, as you can see, without the equipment information we requested we can only take wild guesses. All of the members that visit this site and contribute on a regular basis do so free of charge. No one is here to denigrate you or your equipment. We give freely of our time to help you improve your end results with what you have to work with. You're getting nice results with what you have but if we knew the whole story we could help you improve.

Now that I have that off my chest I can move on.

Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-07-03
Can you post a link to we can see what the problem is?
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-07-04
www.360closeup.com/example/
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-07-04

Hi, first of all try changing the "Scene type" under "Properties" of the scene. Then you have also the different settings of the scene, Pan, Tilt, FOV.

Regards, Martin

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-07-04

Nice tour and welcome to the forum.
1. Are you shooting with a "one-shot" lens?
2. When you click to add a scene what type are you selecting?

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-07-04
I'm shooting with a fisheye and selecting fisheye when I select properties. I find for some reason cylindrical images look like sh** in narrow spaces like hallways, etc. The edges get all warped and the scene just doesn't flow right.

Maybe I should change it to a spherical image?

Martin: I selected single fisheye and set the tilt values at "0".

Thanks for the compliments on the tour btw jerry.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-07-04

Looking at the tour you appear to be using a one-shot type lens.

In Tourweaver when you click to add a scene try one of the "One Shot" types.
If you are not using a one-shot lens what is your set-up?
The more information we have the better we can help. 
Hope this helps.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-07-06
I know how to change the image properties, it's not rocket science. As I said before, I'm shooting with a fisheye and stitching those images together.

Maybe there's a way to disable tilting? Cuz all the other image types (one shot, spherical, cylindrical) warp the edges and really hurt the overall appearance of the tour.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-07-06

Seems I have upset you. Let me assure you that was not my intentions. I was just trying to offer some help but you can rest assured that I will not make that mistake again. Must be some rocket science involved, as shown in the image above it says "Add single fisheye" yours is not a single fisheye image and you still have never said what kind of fisheye lens and camera you are using. You know that could make a difference.
Maybe someone else can get you to tell what lens and camera you are using and mayby they will help you.