panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-07-06
Zing! You got me there Jerry. Thanks for putting me in my place. But seriously, let's be civil about this, please.

What difference would equipment make in the fact I don't want:
a. The image in the tour to tilt
b. Lose the quality that the "single fisheye" type has compared to basically all the other types. As I mentioned before: the other types warp and distort the edges when the tour is panning and it looks like crap.

It's the software that I use to promote the image that I want to manipulate, not the shooting process or final processed image. If you have a better answer than the one above, I'm all ears.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-07-06
O.K., lets try this. It is very posable that the equipment you have is not producing the kind of image that you think it is. By sharing with us the type of equipment you are using, it helps us figure out the problem you are having. Think of it this way, if you went to the doctor and said "Doc, it hurts when I do this" and then refused to tell the doctor WHERE it hurts, not much could be done to help you.

So, Josh, please don't be offended that the people that you asked to help you are asking for more information so that they can help you like you asked them to.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-07-06
The equipment can make all the difference in the world. For example if you are stitching with Panoweaver products they only support certain camera/lens set-ups. They may stitch but not properly. To be honest it looks like you are shooting with a wide angle lens and stitching with no top or bottom. What are you stitching with? More important, are you shooting in landscape or portrait mode? Are you shooting a fisheye when you should be shooting a drum? That's why knowing the equipment is important.
I'm not sure but you may have to go in the "Movie REC" section and copy and paste to make a new movie and set the tilt settings in the new movie time line. Make sure you set the new movie as the "default" movie.
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-07-07

Ok, I think this is the answer you are looking for if I understand the question.

please read the info on this link.

http://www.easypano.com/showkb_157.html The attached link

Attachment:

Att1

Shows a picture that you can set to effect all scenes you enter as the default value.  If you want to change just one scene you can click (double click.. can not remember now) on the scene and on the bottom right on the scene properties you can see the Pan/TILT/FoV values. You can play with the numbers to fit the pano you are using.  Make sure that you change the tilt numbers to the same value for all three states. (Min/Defaut/max)

I hope this helps.  If not let us know and someone will try and help.

DaMan

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-07-07
EVERY image, still or otherwise, I try under the fisheye setting results in the same problem: white space above and below the image when tilted. This includes stitched images using my fisheye, or panos I've stitched with my normal lens (shot portrait as opposed to landscape with fisheye)

Therefore, I'm 99.9% sure it has nothing to do with the equipment, rather the settings in tourweaver. I invite everyone to try it with their images and see whether they encounter the same problem.

I have tried everything from resizing the images to match the size of the viewer window, and main window to setting the values to 0 to limiting the field of view. Still have the same problem.

www.360closeup.com/example/ to view the problem.
Cheers,
Josh
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-07-07
Just guessing but I think I see the problem. I will try again even though  you refuse to tell us what specific equipment you are using.
You said you are stiching panos from your normal lens. Most of these programs will not support that type of pano. If you look at the ceiling/wall you will see that they are bowed in most of your shots. This tells us that they are loaded as the wrong type or they are not supported. My guess is that what you are using is not supported by easypano.
You invite us to try it with our images, we do on a daily basis and don't have a problem with it.
Once again we are all here to help each other. But if you refuse to give us the information we need then we can not help because we will only be guessing.
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-07-07

For me looks like a cylinder panorama take with a wide angle lens in portrait orientation.  While processing the left and right side of the image is limited  ALL while displaying the image using a spherical viewer.

OR

30 degrees white space above

97 degrees Portrait Canon 10 - 22  at 10mm  x 1.6 crop factor or 16mm

30 degrees white space below

All displayed with a spherical (NOT CYLINDER) viewer that has a limited vFOV of 157 degrees.  Not a full 360 degrees on horizon by 180 degrees vFOV (vertical Field [angle] of View)

But unless Takme360  actually tells us what camera and lens they are using.. I would just be guessing.

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-07-07

Hello again,

Maybe one way to solve your problem is to upload just the pictures to your web site so we  (I will) can put them in Tourweaver and check the settings and see what exactly is the problem. Please post the link if you would like my help.

DaMan

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-02-19

So I am running into the same trouble. I can limit the tilt for a single fisheye image in TW3, but when I publish the tour, it does not limit. See first image:

http://www.easypano.com/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=6&TopicID=3950&SearchPagePosition=1&search=fisheye&searchMode=allwords&searchIn=Topic&forum=6&searchSort=dateDESC&ReturnPage=Search

Please help!

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-02-19

I posted the wrong link:

Here is my tour:

http://www.erealtyweb.net/tours/twframe.aspx?vtid=893037

Thanks in advance!