panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-07-12

Making a TW3 multi scene 'template'

Ok Ladies n Gents

I'm working on creating a multi-scene TW3 tour (roughly 10 - 20 panos) with hotspots linking forward and backwards on most scenes.  I'm using 8000 x 4000 sized images and I'm looking to create one tour with one set of images, save it, and then replace the images for my next tour so that all I have to do is reposition the hotspots.

This could shave hours off my workload. I'm assuming all I have to do is hit the 'replace image' button and hey presto...

Will keep you posted on the success or failure of this.

F

sales@actualeducation.co.uk
www.actualeducation.co.uk
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-07-12
Hi rfh 12002, I have never done what you are going to do but have read post regarding this issue.
Seems the complaint was that when they "replace image" the hot spots don't work as before.
If I remember correctly the solution was to name the new scene's with the exact same name as the old scene. If you run into trouble try that.
Hope that helps.
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-07-12

Hey Jerry

At the moment it all seems ok - I had that problem you mention when I did this in Tw1.25 and 1.3 - the hotspots showed as being there on preview but not on the editing screen. I've gone through three tours by 'replacing the image' and it works perfectly!

Here is the work through as it stands right now (for a non-auto rotating tour)

1/ Replace all images

2/ Find hotspots and place them in the correct positions

3/ I set the lower tilt angle to -77 (I dont use a tripod cover so this 'stops' the viewer seeing straight down - I prefer this but this is a personal choice)

4/ Go into immersive view and set the tour up so that each image starts by looking in the direction the tour is taking you.

5/ I then copy the movie, paste it back in, set the new one as default and change the rotation direction to 'auto' (I have the rotation set to 0 for each image as I prefer this).

So far it seems good!
I'll post these once I've gotten to the upload via ftp stage which I see is fun and games on another post!

F

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-07-12
I'm looking forward to seeing that 8kx4k. Must take a long time to load!
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-07-13
Hehe possibly...most of my tours are for use on CD-ROM which is why the FTP thing is a mystery in general!  I do plan on having some parts of my tour online as a 'preview' for potential buyers.