panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-07-22

Using tourweaver for stills only

Hi again,

After having worked out my pano uploading issues, I am on to another! I am wanting to occasionally use tourweaver simply for a slide show. I have put the entire thing together, but it runs very very slowly. It takes forever for it to switch from one photo to another. And I can't get it to just play through the photos.

www.archimages.ca/7092crowsfoot/tour_7092crowsfoot.html

Am desperate to get this going!

Thanks in advance!

Just trying to figure it all out....
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-07-22

Hi Prettyinpink, your right it takes a long time to change. This could be a number of factors. Loading time can be affected by the size of the image- are they particulary large files??

Are you just running slide show or movie? You can speed up the transition in the scenes settings which will affect the slide show.

Have a look at these two possibilities and let us know.

Apartment rentals Nerja

Villa rentals Nerja

Accommodation Nerja

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-07-22

Hey.

I guess they are pretty large files, I never thought of that.

What size should they be really? What is optimal size. I am trying to create just a slide show of about 20 images and that they will just transition from one to the other.

Will make them smaller and see what happens and post update.

Thanks!

Just trying to figure it all out....
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-07-22

I try to keep mine between 300-400kb, any less then the quality degrades. I am only using a one shot so I cannot afford to go much less than this file size as they become too grainy.

Someone else may be able to chip in on this post as you do need to find a happy medium between quality and file size which does effect loading times. You may be able to go higher than me with stills as mine are one shot panos.

Try and reduce them and see what happens. Good free pic batch reducer is www.kissmyimage.com

Good luck.

Apartment rentals Nerja

Villa rentals Nerja

Accommodation Nerja

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-07-22

Considering that the world is going 'broadband' I would consider imaging to be 1.0 to 1.5mb for each panorama.

The real question is what format ?  Java,  QTVR.  I suspect final imaging format should go to  1.5mb  FLASH  .swf file type for FULL screen display.  Full screen should expect visitors to use 22"  to 24" diagonal measured monitors.

Bigger is always better.

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com