panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-08-06

Well, finally you got it. As simple as the solution sounds you have to find it. Good for us also, something we have to care about. It was often discussed on this forum that EP is very "sensitive", regarding the names of the scenes. Something we missed yesterday to check.

Good luck, Martin

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-08-06

Yeah cheers,
I thought that the naming was just for posting online ( as part of the HTML) rather than a part deep within the software.  The problems I was having was taking a tour I had in TW1.25 and putting it into TW3.  In TW3 you can choose what comes up in the list box, in 1.25 you couldn't so each still image was marked (Still) in brackets...this means they ALL had this problem.

But you're right - much head banging later, and help from Genseng and you guys and life's rosey again in the Howie household.

Also like to flag up that so far whenever Genseng gets involved I feel there is an answer I can trust. Thanks!

F

sales@actualeducation.co.uk
www.actualeducation.co.uk
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2008-08-06

Does this look familiar?

Be sure when naming files that you no not use caps or special characters. Only English a-z A_Z and 0-9 and no parenthesis ( ). You should not use spaces between words also.

Picture (1).JPG = BAD

picture_001.jpg = GOOD 

I'm sure I've typed it over and over at least 2 dozen times on the easypano forums.  

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-08-06
Wait up - you mean you shouldn't use spaces when  naming your scenes?
Surely you can have Living Room rather than LivingRoom on your list box? The image didn't have parenthesis - not the name of the image as it is in the folder - it was never hxxzxz (ds).jpg  - it was 1.jpg just I renamed it in TW to be Wall Scene 1 (Map)...
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2008-08-06
Quote: Originally posted by rfh12002 on August-06-2008

....... still image was marked (Still) in brackets...this means they

I assumed you did based on that comment (sorry, if I misunderstood). Still, it is good for this thread that people understand Tourweaver naming basics.

You should always name your images without spaces that is correct. You can alter the scene descriptions within Tourweaver so that the displayed name is how you would like. Your image would be "living_room.jpg or livingroom.jpg" and description "Living Room"

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-08-06

Ah ok - thats the problem. The image had no spaces, it was only a problem in tourweaver...

For example :

I have 1.jpg (which is my 360) linked to 2.jpg (which is a still).

This wasn't working because, in tourweaver, the first image was called

"The Castle Esplanade" and the still image was called "Castle Crag (Still)".  What was weird was that TW accepted this (no error messages came up) and it wasn't a problem in 1.25.  I had read your post but assumed that since I wasn't altering the jpg name that life was peachy.

Still, these things are sent to keep us perky!

Thanks

F

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-08-06

Yeah so to clarify (cos I can be clear as mud sometimes...)

My problem was with the scene descriptions rather than the file names. This is obviously something to flag up which is why I thought I'd add this wee note in at the end.

Ta

F

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-08-06

I have had the same problem with scene descriptions. If I had a space in the description it would not load. So I stopped using scene descriptions.

Can someone explain how to change the description without affecting the image name?

Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-08-06

I have never had this problem. I always rename my scenes so that they make more sense. i.e Master Bedroom instead of bedroom1.jpg.

In the scenes folder they stay all the same i.e bedroom1.jpg and are not affected by the renaming.

Apartment rentals Nerja

Villa rentals Nerja

Accommodation Nerja

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-08-06

Hmm...I've now got spaces in the Scene Descriptions and it all seems ok at the moment...

Has anyone who hasn't had any problems tried adding a ( or ) to their descriptions to see if that causes them problems?