panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-08-13

Hi Jamesot and Smooth,

Thanks for your testing on Tourweaver 4.

Based on the feedbacks from many customers, the visitors often want to see the tour in a shorter time, especially for the ones that visit your tour for the first time.

In order to accelerate the loading process, we use preview image for the tours in TW4. In the publishing settings, if different resolutions for normal and full screen image is set, or"slice display" is selected, the tour will use a preview image, which I guess is what cuased Jaemsot's tour blurry. 

If you select either of the two options (diffrent image quality in normal/full screen and slice display), the progress bar finishes as soon as the blury preview image is loaded. But at this time, the real big clear pano is not loaded yet. Therefore, you will see the tour get sharp gradually from a blurry image although the loading bar ends. But this way can let the visitors to see the tour at a shorter time.

If you use neither of the options, the loading bar will ends until the real image is loaded, which is the way that TW3 uses. In this way, there will be no blurry image, but longer time is needed for visitors to see the tour.

Do all of you think that it's better not to load a blurry preview image for accelerating the loading process?

Thanks.

Best regards,

Carol

Easypano

Best regards,
Carol
Easypano
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2008-08-13

Hello Carol,

I believe blurry "colour" images adds confusion and people close the tour because they think that's as good as it gets or think it's faulty. If the options are available as you say I would be inclined to set it the same as TW 3.0 version. I suppose a grey scale image preloader would be OK just to show that there is something happening but the loader bar is doing this so in my eyes they are the two methods I would consider for pre-loading. 

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2008-08-13

OK, it's takes some playing with to find out exactly what is going on.

The Grey Scale setting if chosen works quite well.

I prefer to have "Indicate Load Process ... " selected.

The thing that threw me for a bit was the "Slice Display" option as I couldn't see the why it existed. But, I see now that you are in fact making another (or second if you like) copy of "each" panorama scene. With the first being a (normal) smaller % copy of each scene (low resolution) and the second selection a (high resolution) that you may "also" choose to slice in to pieces for presumably faster loading and I guess as some sort of image protection as a bonus. 

So all in all, once you get a handle on what is going on it works very well and really a nice feature that we all wanted (the High/Low resolution for faster loading).

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-08-14

I really like the concept of the pano size in Norman Scene viewer being a diffrent file size than the full screen viewer.  They did a great job on making this very very easy to do.  I think the one big thing to change would be the loading bar still going on over the blury/grey preview image so 100% loaded really means the true scene is loaded not just a blury/grey preview.  To be honest I am a big fan of the walkthrough scene transition and this preview image thing kills the effect for me.  I would really like to have the new Pano Size Normal Scene Viewer Option so I am loading smaller images for normal viewer and then larger images for full screen with ease.  But have the option to NOT do the blury/grey preview and still run like TW3.0 with the loading bar.

RTFM
www.FCEDesign.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-08-14

Hi Jamesot,

Did you try to check the option "Indicated Load progress of the first scene in the progress bar of loading window" as Smooth pointed above?

If you select this one, there should be no blurry preview image after 100% loading. At the same time, you can use the Pano Size Normal Scene Viewer Option.

Please let me know the result.

Thanks.

Best regards,

Carol

Easypano 

Best regards,
Carol
Easypano
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2008-08-14

I also am a BIG fan of the walk through scene transition similar to Google street view. Simply I have not had the time to test this in TW4.0 (busy chasing other issues) are you saying you cannot get this effect anymore?

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-08-14
I hope you can still get the walk through effect in TW4, I like to use this alot.

Apartment rentals Nerja

Villa rentals Nerja

Accommodation Nerja

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-08-14

Of course you can get walkthrough effect in TW4.

There will be a small improvement in walthrough effect, that is to use fade in/fade out to change scene.

Best regards,

Carol

Easypano

Best regards,
Carol
Easypano
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-08-14
Carol,

Would it be possible to have the option to change the loading text colour? I like to use dark blue which is in keeping with my website colour scheme, but the default black text is too difficult to see.
Regards,

Paul.

360Turismo
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-08-15

Hi Paul,

We have discussed the option you asked. You will be able to change the loading text color in the release of Tourweaver 4.

Best regards,

Carol

Best regards,
Carol
Easypano