panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-08-07

Wise Pop up

I just down loaded a trail or Wise Pop Up and just want to check that I'm understanding what it does correctly.

Am I correct in understanding that it does not produce a tour window that will pop up in a correctly sized window from a "copy and past" link that I provide a client.

I looks to me that it provides wonderful control over the size, location and behavior of the window, but only from a link imbedded in a web page.

Is that correct?
Vince
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-08-09
If you are looking for a "caricature" solution only you can use  http://tinyurl.com/ and that will give you only 25 caricatures, and it's free. 
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-08-09
Nice post. realtor jerry :)

Apartment rentals Nerja

Villa rentals Nerja

Accommodation Nerja

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-08-09
It's not the size of the link, it's getting a page to resize itself after it opens. On pages that use java script, the solution is easy with TW1.25, but when you have to supply your client (in this case realtors) with a link that they paste into a form that is only designed to except "http://" style links, I can't find a solution. IIRC, one solution is to provide a http:// link to a page that opens a pop up and then automatically closes, but it looks like that method can get blocked by pop up blockers. And if I understand all I have read, esp. the posts from Smooth, I'm chasing a shadow. It does not look like a solution for what I want exists.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-08-10
Hi Vince, why does the page need to re-size after it opens? Is it because the realtor does not want it to obscure their own webpage? I'm not sure I am understanding the problem here :(

Apartment rentals Nerja

Villa rentals Nerja

Accommodation Nerja

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-08-10
Hi Vince, as a Realtor myself I am confused as to what you need. You said you need to keep the caricature below 100. tinyurl.com will do that with no problem and it is a permanent url.
tinyurl.com will post as a http://
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-08-10
Sorry all, I didn't explain that well.

The length of the link is just one of the requirements, not the actual issue. What I am trying to do is get the tour window to open in a correctly sized window, without address bar or control elements. If you go to my Fixed to my home page and click on either of the "sample" links in the lower right you will see what I'm after. That is easy to do when you can imbed the link using a java code. But most realtors do not have the option of using java, they post links by pasting the web address into a form, almost exactly like we post links on this forum using the little icon with the earth and chain link. And nerjaace, thats about it, it's not "obscuring" their web page that is the issue, as much as wanting it to seem like the tour is part of their web page, and not some place else. It's just an effort to streamline the experience for the people viewing the tour. If you haven't seen one of RealtorJerry's tours, take a look at one, he also spends a lot of time customizing the tour to the realtor that he has done it for.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-08-10
What Vince wants, is to send a normal link, without javascript, to his customers or to post at realtor.com. Clicking this link normally will open a tour in a normal new window like when you click here, what he wants is the tour opening in a popup screen. Like when you click here:

Now if anyone can supply me with a zipped easypano tour, I can check if it works with these tours.

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2008-08-10

You should supply them with this:

<a title="#" onClick="javascript:window.open('http://yourwebsite.com/your_directory/your_tour.html','_blank','status=yes,top=0,left=0,width=640,height=480');">Your Hyperlink</a>

If they enter this into there html page it will launch the tour to the size you specify with the tour link you specify.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-08-10
Hi Vince, I have seen Realtor Jerry tours and he does exatly as I do for my clients. If the tour is branded to the Realtors requirements then why does it have to pop up in a new window. Why cannot the link be set not to open in a new browser i.e target frame =_self and on the tour you can have a "back" link. I am guessing that the Realtor does not have control over such issues.

Apartment rentals Nerja

Villa rentals Nerja

Accommodation Nerja

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-08-10
@ Smooth;
Quote: It has to be less then 100 caricatures, and can not be a java script
I guess those realtors use some kind of cms or hosting service that only allows to put standard html links.