panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-08-28

Hi!
It was mentioned before (as soon as TW4.0 beta was released) that the player performs in a different way than TW3.0. I am not qualified to judge it in a technical way, but using the same scene in TW3 and TW4 one can notice the difference.
I t would be nice to hear from the people of EP if they did some changes in the player and if so what would be advantage of doing it.

Regards, Martin

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-08-29

Thanks Dave and all Easypano friends.

It is true that we have made some changes to the scene viewer of Tourweaver 4.00 out of the consideration of the whole quality of the tour. In the tour created by Tourweaver 3.00, the qualuity of scene image will be at medium level when your are viewing tour in the normal mode, low quality in full screen mode, but in the tour published by Tourweaver 4.00, the image quality will be at low level if the width of main window is longer than 640(updated). This is because the smoothness of the scene viewer in dragging with mouse will be terrible if we adopt the same settings as those of Tourweaver 3.00. Our programmers are trying to figure out a compromising way for better visual effect, and I think we will release another update soon. Hope you understand.

As to the remove of Java Applet from Tourweaver, we can say it is not what we want either, but we have to do so. We have three reasons in doing so:

1. As we all know, MS Java doesn't support PNG image, only Sun Java does.

2. It is very difficult to have a good quality with transparency with Java.

3. Only Flash supports pop up effect.

We recommend those who like to have Java tour purchase Tourweaver 3.00 first, and then upgrade to Tourweaver 4.00 if they want to have better fanciful flash tour. Thank you.

Regards,

Joe Rao

Easypano Holdings Inc.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-08-29

Thanks for the response Joe, we can always count on you and the EP support staff.
I make most of my tours in a 640X480 scene viewer. Am I to understand that if I reduce that by just a small amount it will play better?
Hope you get it fixed soon.

Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-08-29

OK, that didn't work. I dropped it down to a 450 x 375 and still the same issue. This is something that needs to be corrected ASAP. I will have to continue using TW3 until it is. I love all the new features but they're no good to me if the picture quality is so poor....

Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-08-29
I agree with all of you, and feel that can not offer the new feature due to this loose of quality in the scene viewer...

Once the clients have seen the TW3 quality and compare it to the TW4 they can find a lot of difference...

Here I post an image to show the effect in the same project published in both builders

I hope and feel you will fix it soon
visita3d.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-08-29

Thanks for the response Joe.

I will try a smaller scene viewer, but I think I already did that and still the images don't look too good.  When you go Full Screen my images actually look better.

New Tour:  www.360digitalpics.com/idx1620323/360D_idx1620323.html

Look at the full screen image and compare while the image is rotating.  When the image is stopped they both look ok.

I understand about not supporting JAVA with the new TW 4 - as long as we can get an improved scene viewer for Flash I will be very happy with the new software.

Thanks,

Robert

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-08-29

I agree, BUT there is a funny GLITCH in this if I can explain it well enough..... Look at a TW4 tour

STEP 1 .  stop the tour with a click on the stop button or click on the viewer to stop it, but do not "look around" click, just stop the spin-

Result is rough edges and very poor quality

STEP 2 . Start the tour again and click and drag in the viewer to "Look" around, THEN release the mouse. with the tour stoped this way ...it looks much better..

Result is a smooth and better quailty picture!!!

I have no idea why it is like that but is looks like a serious bug that needs fixed before I upgrade.  Most people we sell our tours to use the buttons as they are not used to our tours and they are going to see the bad quality.  I was really REALLY looking forward to a better quality viewer with TW4, and now it looks like a step backwards.... Please make QUALITY a priority EP I beg you.

DaMan

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-08-29
You're right.  Very interesting.  Smoother/Clearer when using the mouse to drag and stop the image vs. using the play and stop buttons.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-08-29
Hi,

The difference between Tw3 and Tw4 is the anti aliasing, in Tw3 is ON for small size viewer and OFF for a larger one or full screen.

In Tw4 is OFF for both.

Anti aliasing needs a lot of cpu's cycles and if the size of the viewer is large the mouse or controls not respond very well in a less powerful computers.

In other viewers: FlashPanoramas, Krpano, Panosalado you can control the antialiasing and you decide if you want a glittery view or a better one but slowest in performance.

For me is unacceptable the image quality in TW4. The customers demand quality. Instead of an upgrade this is a step backwards.

In the Real Estate segment comparing Obeo Tours and tours made with TW4, Obeo has a better Flash Image Quality.

Regards

Raul

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-08-29

Hi Raul,

I am not trying to bash EP or TW4 and promote other products.  I really like TW3 and want TW4 to be better then it is.  THat is why I pointed out this problem as it seems to be a glitch or a bug. IT has nothing to do with big screen or small screen.  I point it out in hope that EP sees this and can fix it.

DaMan