panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-09-03

how to Georreference an imersive image?

Hello people,

Id like to know how to map an equirectangular image to be shown as an interactive view on those services like google maps.
Actualy, id like to create my own references on the map, not a global one, full of pictures like google.

is it possible?

Thanks!!!!!!!

Daniel

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2008-09-04

Daniel,

You would need to explain this a little better on exactly what you are wanting to achieve. I guess it's clear in your head but for the rest of us we are struggling to understand what you really want.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-09-04

Hi,Daniel!

Here is a tip for you. Hope it will help:

1. Using Tourweaver, add a map viewer on a skin.

2. Add hotspots on the map.

3. Link a popup window to the hotspot. You could put many useful info on the popup window, like URL link, image, every component except scene viewer.

A Panoramic World created with vitual tour software-Tourweaver and panorama software-Panoweaver.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-09-04
yes you can create you own google maps and ad panos to the map. Just create a standard account and make you own map then enter the HTML code to each marker to reference the external pano.

Is this what you meant?
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-09-04

Hi Rudders,

Yes, this is what I meant.!

Actualy, is it possible to have the imersive view be directly on google map? Or I always need to put a link to my website?

I did it this way: Put a spot on the map that shows an equirectangular jpeg than, below the image, a link to the external pano.

Is it possible to see the pano direcly on the google map?

Another question:
After I create a map on google, how to show it at my site, for example?

MANY THAAAAANKS!

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2008-09-04

OK, I think now I know what you wish to do. Simply add the image "or" small .swf of the pano (immersive or not) into the marker description with standard HTML code. Be sure to use the full path to your image or .swf file including the http://

Done correctly you could just click on the image to pop the panorama. But yes, it must be hosted (somewhere) you can't to my knowledge add panoramas directly to Google maps. Adding to the description marker is just basic HTML coding.

As I pointed out in another thread www.umapper.com is very easy to use for this.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-09-04
I did not yet try to put my pano's directly into a google map marker, but it can be done.
For example, login to your gmail account, go to here click 'add it to maps' button. Then go to http://maps.google.com/ and click on the left on the link 'my maps'. In the new window you'll see a '360 cities' link. Click it and click on one of the '360' mark ups on the map, or 1st on one of the cities. You will see a panorama displaying on the choosen mark up description.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-09-05

There is a step by step list for linking (Geo-Tagging) hotspots from tours to Google Maps, back in TW post: Java/Google.

As for adding pictures to a Google Maps Placebox:
You can use the Rich Text toolbar to link images or from sites like PanoramioPicasa, Flickr or your own server. See "Adding Photos" on Google Maps Help and this Google Earth Community extract.