panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-09-04

Customizing of Slideshow

Dear Valued Customers,

Thank you very much for your support to Easypano products and all your suggestions. Here we need your advice again on the customization of Slideshow. Could you please put down your thoughts there about how you would like to use slideshow and what effect you would like to have after you've added/removed scenes or make changes to the scene properties?

We will adopt the mothod preferred by majority of you and apply it in Tourweaver 4.00. Thank you again.

Regards,

Joe Rao

Easypano Holdings Inc.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-09-04

Hi, Joe and EP team!

Thanks for asking. This is something I personally have written more than once. The advantage of changing the slideshow as far as I see it is only that when you click on a thumbnail a combo box or any other way of linking to a scene out of the movie path, will link you to a edited scene and not to the crude scene. I know that now in YW 4.0 you can edit the slideshow, but the same when you click on a thumbnail it will take you to the unedited scene saved who knows where, because to save the changes in slideshow you have to change it name and therefore loose it.The best choice would be that when setting the scenes in those boxes, you could choose from where you want each scene to be loaded. For example in thumbnails: scene 1 should be loaded from slideshow (unedited) scene 2 from movie one (edited for example) and so on. That is usefull if you have scenes where you want not to show the 360 degrees of it. If that could be done I see no need to have the possibility of editing the slideshow. At the actual state of editing the slideshow and how it has to be done (explained to me by EP in one post) once saved you loose all the crude/rouge scene, with no chance to recover it. Because you have not to leave the movieREC window (if so you will loose all the edited settings) and tos ave it you have to change the name of it and so loose the slideshow in its original form. That could be usefull in only one sense and that is that you could link to the edited scene ask mentioned above, but even that is not working at the moment.

So I propose to give us the option to choose what scene we wanted to  load. I hope I could it make understandable and sorry for this extensive post. If something needs to be clarified please let me/us know.

Regards and again thanks for your support!

Martin

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2008-09-04

I think the bottomline is whatever you set the FOV, Tilt etc in each scene "properties" should when building the tour should apply to the to all scene items (Thumbnails, Combo Box etc) and these settings then applied to the "editable" default movie. This "default" movie track should NOT be called Slideshow it should named default to take away confusion as it has absolutely nothing to do with a Slideshow.

The option should exist to be able to lock and unlock "any" movie track including the "default" movie track.  A simple check box to unassign from the default movie track would suffice for those how who would like to do something separate and custom to their individual scene.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-09-05

Yes!!
Thats what I tried to explain. You did it in a shorter way, Smooth. I really hope they can make it.

Regards, Martin

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-09-07

Has anybody else something to suggest regarding this issue?
It would, could and should be helpfull for EP to keep on developing TW 4.0

Martin

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-09-08

I think you both covered the major issue pretty good.  Lets hope it can/will be changed.  :)

DaMan

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-09-08
I agree with the above comments. It comes down to the fact that if I go to the trouble to make a tour play the way I want it presented then none of the buttons, thumbnails or anything else should be able to change it.
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2008-09-09

It is a case that the "default Slideshow movie" should behave exactly the same as your own movie track on "all" items assigned to that movie track. Unless you check a box that confines parameters to "your" standard movie preferences set via program Ctrl+U preferences.

Make sense?

Regards, Smooth