panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-09-05

Playing Tours on DVD/TV

Hi Guys,

I have a client who wants to be able to play his Virtual Tours on DVD on a TV.

He has 8 multiscene Virtual Tours produced on TW3 and wants to have a DVD with all 8 tours on, with the option of selecting which tour he wants to watch. A Menue facility will obviously be necessary.

Any ideas as to if this can be achieved, and if so how?

Thanks in advance.

rs360vt

R Scutt
360virtual-tours.net
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-09-05
You have to use a DVD software creator (I am using dvd studio pro but again it's mac only; there are many other cheaper softwware on the market which would allow you to make it),and proceed like for any "movie" dvd :

The only difference is that
1) try to figure out the size ratio of the TV if possible 4/3 or 16/9
(you might have to make a vtour according to the output size or use letterbox option with black bars on the side and.or below)

2) for best quality, capture screen activity or each playing scene(real time) so you get 8 movies

2) create the menu and link to the tours within the DVD software creator

Note : in order to get the best output quality, you have to use a double pass mp2 encoding
(2 pass at least ; for info some specialized mp2 encoder are used for hollywood movie DVD which can go up to 9 pass)

thierry
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-09-29
I tried this using a program called "Camtasia" but the movies came out choppy, like the tour was moving too slow. Is there a way I can output a tour as a movie file in TW3 to avoid this problem? Or does someone have a better program for capturing screen movies??
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-09-29
The "choppy" effect is not relatve to TW3.

Camtasia does it best to capture screen activity but it might not be the ultimate solution. It depends on the computer you are running camtasia.

As far as I am concern the best solution I came through is screenflow which is mac only but it can capture real screen activity as a H264 .mov

thierry
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-09-29

Slightly on/off topic.  This blurs the line single images and movies.

Remember the older point and shoot cameras that could take 10 second movie snippets ?

H246.4  movie HDTV 16:9 = 1920 x 1080 4gb CF = 30minutes.  There are many 10 second video clips sequenced together to make a very interesting presentation taken with new Canon 5d Mark II dSLR.

Visit Canon Digital Camera Learning Center.

http://www.usa.canon.com/dlc/controller?act=GetArticleAct&articleID=2086

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com