panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-09-17

TW4 output file structure incorrect

Hi, I am working om my fierst TW4 tour and having problems.

When I publish the tour I get my main html file together with swobject.js and twviewer.swf and a separate folder containing subfolders with resources, scenes etc.

The problem is that if you ftp the files as they are the tour does not run but if you move the main html file together with swobject.js and twviewer.swf into the folder containing images.zip, .bin and subfolders of resources etc it works. Therefore I can only conclude that the publishing set up must be at fault. This posses another problem as in TW3 I was able to name my scenes folder to separate it from other tours but in TW4 this does not function.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Apartment rentals Nerja

Villa rentals Nerja

Accommodation Nerja

Alternate Text
Super Admin
Send Msg:
2008-09-22

Hi nerjaace,

Our technical tester has tested the output file organization issue, and it appears normal at our end. You have selected "Share" mode in publishing settings, right? we suggest you send a link and your published file folder to Easypano customer service team (support@easypano.com) for testing to work out the reason and a solution.

Best regards,
Easypano

Easypano
The Virual Tour Way
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-09-22
Hi, Why can we not have another option in TW4 that outputs the same as TW3? I understand the benefits of splitting the resouces folder down and the scenes but it is a lot more work and time spent uploading. Another option same as TW3 woudl be preferable IMO. 

Apartment rentals Nerja

Villa rentals Nerja

Accommodation Nerja

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-09-22

I noticed the last time I tried to publish in TW4 the HTML code when opened in notepad was nothing like the code before the last update. Easypano has completely changed the format of the code. I'm no techie so I can't figure this one out.
As with Nejaace, it took over 4 hours to upload verses the hour and a half in TW3. Plus I kept getting an error box pop-up and would have to start all over again.
I love TW4 but will have to keep using TW3 until this is fixed along with the viewer.
Next time I will not upgrade until all the bugs are worked out....

Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-09-22
AN HOUR AND A HALF!!!

Wow! Yet an another reason I'm sticking with TW1.25. Once the tour is none it takes me less then 10 minutes to upload the branded realtor tour and the unbranded tour. What internet connection speed do you have Jerry?
Vince
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-09-23

Hi, Why can we not have another option in TW4 that outputs the same as TW3? I understand the benefits of splitting the resouces folder down and the scenes but it is a lot more work and time spent uploading. Another option same as TW3 woudl be preferable IMO. 

>>There are two folder structures in publish settings.

Go to publish settings>General> Out Put Files Organization>In separate file folders.  Then you can get the same outputs structure as TW3.

Best regards,
Carol
Easypano
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-09-23

Hi Carol, I am sorry but that is not correct. Both options in TW4 do not output the same as in TW3. I have sent you a PM on this with a breakdown of the files structure in both option in TW4 and in TW3.

I am glad that Realtor Jerry has discovered this problem as I thought I was alone on this issue.

"As with Nejaace, it took over 4 hours to upload verses the hour and a half in TW3. Plus I kept getting an error box pop-up and would have to start all over again. "

Apartment rentals Nerja

Villa rentals Nerja

Accommodation Nerja

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-09-23
Hi Vince, yes it takes me a good hour to an hour and a half with TW3. Now it was a large tour, if I remember correctly it was over 53mb. I am on cable high speed connection.
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2008-09-23

Upload speed has nothing to do with Tourweaver it has to do with file size and/or settings with your FTP program. I can't see why you would be saying it has to do with Tourweaver, that just doesn't make any sense. Check the total file size before you attempt your upload. Typically upload speeds are way slower than download speeds with your ISP. This can be confirm by checking your account with your ISP.

As for the file structure this is a different thing altogether.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-09-23

Hi smooth, I agree with what you are saying and am fully aware how the system works. But TW3 offered a more simplistic upload option which personally I would like as an option as I see Realtor jerry has found aswell.

I have 2mb broadband but as you say this mainly applies to download, upload speeds are generally 512kbs.

TW4 may work well for you but not for others. It is a Tourweaver issue as that is what creates the file output.

Apartment rentals Nerja

Villa rentals Nerja

Accommodation Nerja

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2008-09-23

You are misreading what I'm saying. The file structure is one thing. The upload being slow cannot have anything to do with the file structure, that is the part that doesn't make any sense.

Regards, Smooth