panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-09-23

Hi Smooth, yes you are quite correct. It is wrong for me to say the file structure, it is the file output options that I have an issue with.

I am doing absolutely nothing different in TW4 than I did in TW3, all I know is that time wise it takes a heck of a lot of time uploading than it used too due to the break down of the files.  

Apartment rentals Nerja

Villa rentals Nerja

Accommodation Nerja

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2008-09-23

Hmm, I haven't personally noticed this but then again I haven't had the time to test it fully. Is it a case of the images being "heavy" after being "diced" or the fact that you can make double the image files with a lower res and higher res option with TW4?

Check the weight of the image folder and compare.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-09-23

Hi smooth, my output folders/files sizes

in TW3 are

Scene=17mb, images.zip=826kb Total Files to upload=39

in TW4

Scene=20mb

resources=1.25mb

maps=198kb

images.zip=2.61mb Total files to upload=192

Seems that there are big differences between to two. It is exactly the same tour recreated in both versions.

Apartment rentals Nerja

Villa rentals Nerja

Accommodation Nerja

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2008-09-23

Thoughts & Ideas:

If you "don't" dice your images you can "compress" them yourself with your favoured image editor. This will reduce the weight and and also the shear amount of files to be uploaded.

Be sure to select the right options when publishing.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-09-23

Hi smooth, I am not quite sure what you mean. I have not selected the option the slice display.

I cannot see how I can reduce the amount of files to be uploaded. Yes I can reduce the sizes but then I reduce the quality - I assume?

Apartment rentals Nerja

Villa rentals Nerja

Accommodation Nerja

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-09-23
Sorry smooth, are you saying that I could Zip the various folders i.e scene, maps, resources? 

Apartment rentals Nerja

Villa rentals Nerja

Accommodation Nerja

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-09-23
I just spent over an hour on the phone with my host server, Yahoo. Seems I had a bunch of junk on my computer, old jave that should have been removed as it updated. He walked me thru the programs, removing and restoring. I have not tried to load a whole tour yet. So we will see if that was my problem.
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2008-09-24
Quote: Originally posted by nerjaace on September-23-2008
Sorry smooth, are you saying that I could Zip the various folders i.e scene, maps, resources? 

No that is not what I'm saying. Though, it is possible to upload to servers and unzip on the server.

The point I was making was "if" you have selected to "dice" your images this will add to the file count. From one single image to many pieces (I'm not sure how many, but lots). If you have a single complete image you can open that image from the scene folder in Photoshop or whatever your choice is for compressing and compress the image for minimising the file size. Saving download and upload times. It is clear form the figures you show between TW3 and TW4 that something is very different between the way the images are compressed. Keeping in mind that you have possibly 2 images for each scene - Low Resolution and High Resolution version and then on top of that "pre-view" tracks for both with TW4.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-09-24

Thank you.Smooth, you are right.

In publish settings window, if you check the box of Pano Size in Normal Scene Viewer, there will be two sets of image generated for normal view and full screen view seperately, and if you select that of Slice Display, the each image will be devided into many small pieces besides the originalsize one. The former one is for the better quality of the panos in different viewers while the latter one for the faster download speed, but both of which will enlarge your final tour size. If you uncheck them, your final tour will be almost the same as that of Tourweaver 3.00. You can have further test to see the differences. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Joe Rao

Easypano Holdings Inc.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-09-26
still playing around with TW4 until they get it corrected. Just noticed in trying to publish a tour that the code has been changed again. There is no place to change the BG color. It appears to have been removed. So if one does not know code  then they would not know where to put it.
HELP please!
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!