panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2008-09-26

Page background colour is set in one of two ways normally.

Either: Within the opening <body bgcolor="HEXCODE" > tag (Where HEXCODE has the actual hex color code entered I.E: #000000) or within a CSS (Cascading Style Sheet) file.

Regards, Smooth 

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-09-26
Thanks Smooth, I'll give that a shot on my next publish.
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-09-30

As always Smooth it worked perfectly. Thanks.

Quick update on my publishing problems. Had the cable guys out yesterday. I was on a 5 MB service. My download speed from www.speedtest.net was about 850KBPS and my upload was about 50KBPS. They ran new cable and installed a new modem and increased my service to 10MBPS download with 1MBPS on the upload side. I am now running at 10.5MBPS with about 975KBPS on the upload.
I removed some tours and republished them, took a few seconds less than 9 minutes each tour. The largest tour was 57.3MB. So the uploading is taken care of just need to resolve the size issue in my other post.

Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-09-30
Morning Jerry,
I have had a few people tell me my tours did not work, loaded slow, etc. When I asked about their internet connection I was told "Oh, we have ultra-high-speed-cooler-then-yours-speed-of-light-service."

Oh, really? Well lets run speed test.

Turns out what your internet provider TELLS you you have may not be the same as what you ACTUALLY have.

Glad it was a simple enough fix.
Vince
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-09-17
Hi,

This stuff of the structure, I think you can find it out in the publish settings -- general -- Out Put Files Organization -- In separate file folders...

Actually I was uploading some project in the net and no problem...

Anyway I feel EP team is having problems in generating an improved and clean structure to publish the tours....

My tours are taking so long to get loaded, even when I want to see them offline... Is like if some kind of structure should be build before seeing something....

I was thinking that if you have the resources and maps outside the images.zip, then the loading time would be improved but, no...It seems to have gone to the other side...

I like this windows pop up--- but please quality and loading time should be fixed soon.... I hope

visita3d.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-09-17

Hi Jordi, I have given up on TW4 for the moment as I have just spent 5 hours rebuilding a 18 pano tour in TW3 after so much grief with TW4 so not very happy.

One of the main problems is the publish setting and the new file output. It takes forever to load all the files. Also if you make any slight changes in the tour some of the "hint" files in the resources folder get re-named.

The viewer is very juddery compared to TW3 and also I found that for some reason if I clicked on Full Screen the Thumbnail of the pano just disapeared for the rest of the tour, but not always. This suggests something is unstable.

All in all at the moment TW4 2 steps forward 5 steps back, i'm sticking with TW3 for the moment until hopefully things get ironed out. A shame as I liked some of the features but they seem to come at a high cost in the production time.

Apartment rentals Nerja

Villa rentals Nerja

Accommodation Nerja

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-11-26
This must be where my problems are too occurring. I am working on a project in which I used the mansion settings to create a template.

I am publishing with one image saved at 1mb. I do not select Pano size in normal scene viewer or slice display on the Flash VR tab of the publishing window. Also under the General tab I select the In Separate File Folders option.

Here is the problem, the output is hardly ever the same? One tour may get published to a folder inside a folder with all folders and files in that folder.
example:
name of tour folder/name of tour folder/all other files and folders here.

The next time I publish I may get the name of the tour folder then 4 items along with a another folder named as the tour.
example:
name of tour folder/html file along with the Tourweaver html file, Swfobject, and TWViewer shockwave file along with a folder that contains the rest of the tour...map, resource..etc.

Also the html file is sometimes output as Tourweaver_xxx.html other times it is put out as Name_of_tour.html?

If you go to move any of these around and then add the new address line of code to the html file (keeping file structure) the tours will not work.

HERE IS MY TEST PAGE The tours here do work (on my pc)but had to keep the output structure as published. I could not change the structure to match all the tours. Some have the file structure of two folders and some have the structure of the folder/four items/folder.

Hope that makes sense?

HELP?
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2008-11-26

Matt,

I have no idea why you are struggling with this? But lets see...

I think "maybe" you are trying to name the tour the exact same name as the folder? You cannot do this and expect not to get weird results.

Let look at your first tour "Broyhill".

You should make a folder to publish to: boone_cabin_rental_tours

Set the path in Tourweaver

Name your file name as shown "broyhill"

When you "publish" you will be asked the ../boone_cabin_rental_tours/broyhill folder/directory doesn't exist would you like to create it? Answer = Yes. 

Then publish. You will end up with a folder called boone_cabin_rental_tours with another folder within called broyhill and within that folder is all the files that make the broyhill tour.

So now you make your next tour. "Eagles View"

Browse to the "publish" directory. ../boone_cabin_rental_tours/

Name the file name "eagles_view"

You will be asked again at publish the ../boone_cabin_rental_tours/eagles_view folder/directory doesn't exist would you like to create it? Answer = Yes. 

then you will have a folder boone_cabin_rental_tours with (2) folders within broyhill and eagles_nest.

Structure will be:

• boone_cabin_rental_tours
    • broyhill
      • all the broyhill tour contents
    • eagles_nest
      • all the eagles_nest tour contents

You then when finished up load the tours to your server.

What would be the address?

www.yourdomainname.com/boone_cabin_rental_tours/broyhill/TourWeaver_broyhill.html

www.yourdomainname.com/boone_cabin_rental_tours/eagles_nest/TourWeaver_eagles_nest.html

"If" you go into the "tours" and rename TourWeaver_broyhill.html to index.html your URL address for that tour would be www.yourdomainname.com/boone_cabin_rental_tours/broyhill/

Hopefully this clears things up for you.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2008-11-26

It is also very important to keep the file structure correct or things like your tour loader screen, pop-up window content etc will not show correctly.

I did test your tours on the test page. On the most part they worked but not without errors with loader screens etc.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-11-26
Smooth,
I kept the file structure unchanged. If I changed anything it was to rename the TourWeaver_xxx_file.html to my own name. I then replaced the path on my page along with the xxx.html page. File structure has remained intact!

I chose not to use loader screen progress bar.

I published those files on that page 30 - 40 times, something in the software or something?

Does it matter if the tour was saved as .vtp or .tw? I published one of the tours and my file output was xxx.vtp.html I then went back to TW and saved then published and it gave me xxx.html very weird?

Thanks for the help.