panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-09-30

interactive panos on cellphones

Is there a possibility to display interactive panos on a cellphone using either panoweaver or tourweaver? I think Ive read s.th. about this possibility some time ago. Thanks a lot for any suggestions where to look at for this possibility.

tb
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-10-01
You can display single pano on the iphone for example using pangeaVR (PangeaVR for iPhone ; the pro version let you store the pano inside the phone otherwise it relies on the internet connection to view the pano) otherwise there is cubeworld for iphone.
For windows mobile equipped phone there is pure player for pocket pc.

thierry
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-10-01

Also be very careful about file size and cell phone data bandwidth.  I understand that cell phone porting huge amounts of data.. can rack up a VERY large cell phone bill$$$$.  Cell phone companies make great amount$$$ of data usage fees viewing panoramas.

On the other hand.  If your imaging is targeting Wi-Fi  PDA's and Wi-Fi Hotzones.. then throught-put usage fees are almost like aDSL or Cable connection monthly fees.

Think of your client  and their potential clients

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-10-01
I forgot to mention that in the case of the iphone, the data can be transfered while being in wifi connection therefore it won't increase the max data allowed transfer; the ipod touch which I am using for panos can be used as well as long a you have a wifi connection to store the panos. It works as the iphone.

The wifi connection would be used for transfer but once the panos are stored inside the iphone or ipod touch, they can be displayed without requiring any connection.

thierry