panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-11-09

cubic pano question

I am using tourweaver 3 standard.  I would like to add a cubic panorama but my stitcher puts out a .mov and TW3 is asking for .jpg, .bmp or .gif. when I select "add cubic". 

Anyone work with cubic panos and TW3?

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-11-09

If I'm not mistaken, all you need to do is stitch the image normally, once created you just click on the convert to cubic icon and then save the image - it will be cubic, but still a .jpg

Rob

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-11-10

Hi,

To better answer your question please tell us what stitcher program you use? 

DaMan

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-11-11

For my spherical panos I am using PTGui. 

But what I am trying to figure out is how to use an output from my 3D modeling program (sketchup6 pro).  From sketchup I can get out 6 images: 4 sides a top and bottom all in .jpg with no overlap.  From there I have a program called gocubic which will create a .mov from these images which looks great as a spherical panorama in quicktime but I can't see a way to put the .mov into my tour.  Is there another workflow that someone could suggest?

It would be nice to see a virtual tour of the model compared to the tour of the finished home as a way to promote the usefullness of a 3D modeling design service.

thanks for the responses so far

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-11-12

Ok, for PTgui try this

1. Add your 8 images to PTGui.
2. Select Advanced mode.
3. On the Lens Parameters tab, enter lens type as rectilinear, fov 97.486.
4 On the Image Parameters tab, click/drag down the boxes in the yaw column to highlight them all. Click on the Fill Yaw button and click ok. This sets the incrementing yaw values just as you need them.
5. In the Panorama Editor window, select Projection-> Spherical: 360x180 Equirectangular.
6. On the Create Panorama tab, click on Set Optimum Size->Maximum
7. Select other stitching options as required and generate the output.

If you have 3d max it has a rendering/panorama exporter that will do it also.

Hope this helps.

DaMan

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2008-11-12

You need to stitch/compile the 6 cube faces so that you have a compliant cubic row or convert this row into a equirectangular spherical image that can be imported into Tourweaver.

Panoweaver can deal with cube faces I believe.

Pano2VR or Pano2QTVR are also capable of assembling these 6 cube faces and outputting in a multitude of image projection styles.

Pano2VR will replace your GoCubic workflow.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-11-14
thanks guys, I will try these approaches.  I do already have pano2vr but I thought that only put out .mov.  I will explore more.