panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-01-05

TW 4 - Creating Auto Run CD of Tour

Has anyone successfully put a TW 4 Flash tour on a CD?  I never had any problems with my TW3 Java based tours...

When I copy all of the files to CD, including the Autorun file, the tour will not run.  When you insert the CD into the computer, the there is no loading image, the skin loads and appears, but the scene viewer doesn't work - no image appears on the viewer even when you click on a thumbnail.  Full screen does not show images either.  I've repported these problems before - your flash tours simply don't work properly when you try to put them on a CD.

You can download my tour files here to test:  www.360digitalpics.com/sample.zip

Try coping all files to CD.  Take the CD out and put it into a computer to see what happens.  The Map button won't pull up my map web url.  The images don't appear on the screen, and there is no loading window image and flash logo...

Thanks for any advice/input.

Rob

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-02-12
Hey Rob,
did you solve the autoplay problem? with me happens exactly the same thing
Fulco
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-02-12

Yes, I got the tour to run from the CD, but the problem I've always had with the Flash version of my tour is:

The buttons I create to open  web pages, like a google map, will not work.  Easypano support keeps trying to tell me it's a security issue with Flash, and I need to go into the Flash "control" panel adjust the security settings.  I don't buy that explanation, as all of my tours work just fine when accessed via a link and my web server.  It seems that none of the Flash stuff works via a CD...

With regards to the autoplay.  I used the autorun file that the TW 4 creates, but I modified the autorun file to use the 1st html file in the list.  In otherwords the original autorun file read   "shellexecute=idx1647222.html"  I changed it to:  "shellexecute=360D_idx1647222.html"  which is the html file that opens my tour directly without this page coming up first: 

"Note:

1. Please click the following hyperlink to view virtual tour.

360D_idx1647222.html

2. How to embed this virtual tour in my web page?

a. Copy the following code and paste it in your own web page;

Hope this make sense.

Rob

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2009-02-12

Flash does have major security issue and you must change these settings for Flash to perform locally.

1) Open a Flash movie
2) Right click and select settings
3) Select the second tab (Privacy) then the Advance Button. This will open Adobe website. "Flash Player Help"
4) Choose "Global Security Settings Panel" from the menu.
5) Use the "Settings Manager" adjust radio button to "Always Allow" and then "Edit Locations" (drop-down)>Add Location and enter the path or folder you wish to give permission.

Obviously this is not the answer to all your problems but it will allow your tour to work locally (or from the CD locally)

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-02-12

Thanks Smooth.  I've tried some of what you suggest.  I get to the "Edit Locations"  and then I don't really know what to do there.  Then, even if I get it to work on my computer, how do you make sure others can get it to work?  Keep in mind most of my clients are even more computer helpless than me. :-)

Rob

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2009-02-12

Like I said it's not the answer to all your problems!

Adobe made security settings to Flash a little while ago so you are really wasting your time. If you need to blame somebody it's Adobe. (more so, the hackers who used the security hole).

If you want to sort you own computer out you get to "edit locations" and either browse to the directory and add it or you can do the same with a single folder or complete drive. If it is the D:\ drive of your CD/DVD Rom drive then that is the path you add to the "Always Allow" in the "Edit Locations".

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-02-12
Quote: Originally posted by Rob63 on February-12-2009

Keep in mind most of my clients are even more computer helpless than me. :-)

Rob

That's funny!