panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-01-08

Help- tour will not play- desperate

Just downloaded the latest version of TW4. Made 2 small changes to 2 recent tours and republished. Now the tours will load to 10% and stop. I reloaded TW4 again and still the same thing. All of my other tours are still working fine. I have the latest versions of flash and java. Windows XP and IE7.
Any help will be appreciated, I have a help ticket in.

UPDATE: I uninstalled TW4 after transfering the license, reinstalled and reloaded the tour,uploaded and still the same, stops at 10%. It plays fine in preview.

Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-01-09

Jerry I have had TW4.0 publish and show the loading screen but never get to the tour and I caused it 2 different ways.  (for ref I'm using version 4.00.081128)

Both ways are under the publish settings. 
1).Publish settings - format tab - filename:
when I had an unusable or bad file name in here.  I like to keep the publish name same as the save name for the project so one time as I cut and pasted I still had the file extension on it.  (ie goodtour.tw )  this made the tour not work until I fixed my type-O. 

2.) Publish settings - General tap - Default Movie:
I updated a tour once deleted the custom movie I had created as part of the updated.  How ever the Default Movie setting was still trying to load this non-existent movie and the tour would not load.

3.) a side note for people who have been using TW3.0 and switched to TW4.0 the published files are saved in a different place.
TW3.0 saved the published tour in the flashvr folder
TW4.0 saves it in a new folder that matches the file name you enter in the 1).Publish settings - format tab - filename:  area
I updated a tour from TW3.0 to TW4.0 and the updated didn't happen, reinstalled the program ect.  This drove me crazy until I figured out the tour was saved in a different folder and I had been loading the wrong one the whole time and not the new updated tour.

I hope this helps.

Best regards to all

RTFM
www.FCEDesign.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-01-10
Thanks jamesot, this was driving me crazy. Checked file names, OK, path, OK. Went into server and removed both tours completely, removed both from FTP. Re-booted computer, re-published tours and all seems to be working fine. I have never had this problem before, just after I upgraded to 4.00.081128. Read an old post where Smooth said you have to transfer the license. I have upgraded many times before and never transferred the license. I guess maybe they changed something that requires a transfer of license now. Any way I'm back up and running.
Thanks for the help.
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!