panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2009-02-25

Joe,

You need to test this under "all" variations with "Tile and Sliced" vs full image method.

In the test I just did the TW3 took 38 seconds to show first scene without load bar and the TW4 version took 18 seconds for the same result.

Have you tested this with images that are heavier in weight? Say 2MB each?

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2009-01-24

I have found an error with the latest release "if" you are to enter 67 as the percentage of the original in the "small" version % box. (possibly other odd numbers?)

What happens is the spherical panorama image fails to wrap the full 360 degrees as can be seen in my demo here

The exact movie (-minus menu transparency) with the percentage value set to 70 displays correctly as can be seen here

Others may like to test and prove/confirm this issue.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-01-24
I agree with "marktold" in the previous thread about the preload issue. I can indeed see a difference with the smoothness and I want to upgrade to TW4 but EasyPano, please make this thing preload subsequent images. Not everybody has a fast Internet connection. If I have to sit and wait more than 10 or 15 seconds for each scene to load I will end the tour and move on. Is this being worked on for TW4? I will upgrade when this works. Heck, I'll pay double the upgrade fee, just get it done.

Thank you.
www.dvt360.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-01-25

Hi there,

I've heard this from a few photographers I know and they say the same thing.

Thanks

sales@actualeducation.co.uk
www.actualeducation.co.uk
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-01-27
The scene viewer became very good.
However, I can't see any improvements on the quality of the movie. Is this Bug or not ?

The next scene doesn't autorotation when the cursors touch hotspot in the heat of walkthrough. ( from 4.00.080909)
EP said that it is easy to fix this bug so they will fix it in the next update but it still hasn't changed anything yet.

and EP also said that they would make it possible to preloading in the next update but we couldn't see any changes in 4.00.081128 so we asked why was that ... then they answered us that it was the big modification so they were going to make it possible to preloading in the update of scene viewer in the end of December but we couldn't see any changes in this time again...

EP said that they found the cause of why the loading time was so slow.
4.00.081128 is a little bit faster than before but it is still 3 times slower than TW3 so I sent a test result to EP. ( it is 5times slower in the big project.)
but they answered us that on the EP test 4.00.081128 is faster than TW3.
Isn't the test of EP a narrow band?
My test is broadband.
Because the connection of the Internet of EP is slow, you might not understand the loading problem.
It has said many times.

I asked them 4.00.081128 was the last answer of loading time ? ...
but we still haven't got the answer from EP yet...

masayuki

neocosmo
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2009-01-27

Indeed the loading times are still slow.

Things that need attention are:

• Allow files to cache (No cache is only good for security and thus should ONLY be implemented when you wish to encrypt files)
  • Allow files to pre-load in background
  • Odd numbers make panorama fail to wrap 360 correctly when percentage of original is chosen.
  • First loader should include first scene including skin (not just skin). First scene should be your choice of panorama or still image. Double loader to first scene is not right.
  • Object removal not correct when expanding window if you have made 100%, 100% full window panorama tour. Requires another skin action to set it right again.
  • Make all components link via default to "our" selected movie track and NEVER allow it to default to "Slideshow" movie track if we have made our own.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-01-27
hm... Smooth, would you explain this again for me? If using TW4, the full fullscreen option is what I need and I understand that there might be an issue with this?

Yours,
Michael

Quote: First loader should include first scene including skin (not just skin). First scene should be your choice of panorama or still image. Double loader to first scene is not right.
  • Object removal not correct when expanding window if you have made 100%, 100% full window panorama tour. Requires another skin action to set it right again.

• http://www.premiumpano.de
    Alternate Text
    Send Msg:
    2009-01-27
    Hello EP,

thanks for the update. The nadir issue is fixed indeed. So I can use TW4 for boats again. The Fullscreen looks quite nice now and is moving much better. So I start considering this version useable for my work. I have to have a look at this loading issue though. If you fix that as well, I seem to have nothing left to complain about ;-)

Yours,
    Michael
    http://www.premiumpano.de
    Alternate Text
    Forum Moderator
    Send Msg:
    2009-01-27

Michael,

The issue I speak of is not Full Screen but expanding a Full Window when made using the total window option of 100%, 100%.

If you wish to see the issue load this sample panorama but do not expand the window to full available screen. Click the menu button and then expand the size of the window. You will see the menu button (object) comes back into view until you close the menu (tiny red triangle centre of menu) and then open the menu once again.

I don't believe this is major issue, but one that could be overcome by dropping the element further off the stage (but this is something for the developers to rectify).

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
    Send Msg:
    2009-02-02
    I have updated and do not find any improvement at all in the "full screen" mode. As a matter of fact it may even be worse. I am having to use a smaller viewer window (640x480) to get decent results. I love the TW4 features but unfortunately I can't use it in a large viewer like I wanted. I will have to use a very similar product (no coding required) that has an almost perfect viewer, flash and java available. Out of respect for Easypano I will not mention the name here.
    Easypano PLEASE fix the viewer so I can come back and enjoy all the features of TW4 in a 100% screen.
    Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!