panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-02-20

Hi Smooth, Thank you so much for your report.

Indeed the loading times are still slow.Things that need attention are:

• Allow files to cache (No cache is only good for security and thus should ONLY be implemented when you wish to encrypt files)

Tourweaver should be able to cache the viewed images. Please check your browser's setttings

• Allow files to pre-load in background

For TW 4 is able to download the scene in blocks, we have cancelled the pre-load feature, but we will consider added it back to next edition though it's kind of complicated.

• Odd numbers make panorama fail to wrap 360 correctly when percentage of original is chosen.

Resolved.

• First loader should include first scene including skin (not just skin). First scene should be your choice of panorama or still image. Double loader to first scene is not right.

You should be albe to decide whether or not you use this feature by checking the box of Indicate Load Progress of the First Scene in the Progress Bar of Loading Windows, which is located in Publish Settings/Flash VR in the program.

• Object removal not correct when expanding window if you have made 100%, 100% full window panorama tour. Requires another skin action to set it right again.

Will be resolved soon.

• Make all components link via default to "our" selected movie track and NEVER allow it to default to "Slideshow" movie track if we have made our own.

Will be added to next Edition. Tourweaver 4.00 will be updated soon. Thank you for all your help.

Regards, Smooth

Easypano Holdings Inc.
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2009-02-20

Hello Joe,

Thank you for taking the time to answer some of our complaints and issues.

• Allow files to cache (No cache is only good for security and thus should ONLY be implemented when you wish to encrypt files)

Tourweaver should be able to cache the viewed images. Please check your browser's setttings

My browser allows cache this is not an issue. Tourweaver files are not caching properly. When we return to previous downloaded scenes that we have already viewed fully before. We have to wait for the complete scene to download once again (even worse, we have to download the grey/blur tiles once again also). This of course is very slow all over again.

• Allow files to pre-load in background

For TW 4 is able to download the scene in blocks, we have cancelled the pre-load feature, but we will consider added it back to next edition though it's kind of complicated.

I would suggest we all would prefer to lose the "blocks" feature and have pre-loading once again. The download of blocks is NOT speeding up the process, in fact - this is what "appears" to be slowing things down.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-02-20

What is the latest version?

I have: 4.00.090123

When I check for updates, the program says I should be using:

I would think 4.00.090123 would be the latest version based on the number, but not sure.

Thanks.

Rob

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-02-20

@DaMan

Credit where credit is due

I just picked up the questions from Smooth to finaly get the answer. So Smooth from Switzerland a big: I COULD NOT HAVE PUT IT IN BETTER WORDS

lol

Greatings and hoping for preloading of scenes soon.

Markus

Nikon D70s, Sigma 8 mm, 4 to 12 shots, Agnos MrotatorTShort, PTGui, PS CS3, and lots of other software :-)
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-02-20
Thanks for the updates Joe, we can always count on you. Now how about fixing the viewer. My clients have told me they will not accept the quality of the viewer as it now is. I am forced to use another program. I love the features of TW4 but can't use it after having upgraded. I would think this would be THE top priority!
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!