panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-07-27

Streaming video

Hello there,

While working with TW4 I have embedded a few swf files containing short movies. Offline the Tour works fine. However, when uploading and viewing online the short movies are first downloaded before you can view them. This takes time and slows down the interactivity of the Tour. Does anyone know a way to create "streaming video" like for instance shown on YouTube?

Thanks for thinking with me forum:-)

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-08-24

Wow, Smooth... That's a good looking car.  I haven't seen one of these before.  Is it yours?  What's the year?  Looks like a '57 Chev in some ways.  Someone put some serious tender lovin care into that machine. 

Tom

Sorry for getting off track.

www.go360media.com
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2009-08-25
Hi Tom,

Yes it is mine and well loved and cared for. It is a "Holden" made by the (Australian Division of General Motors) known as GMH back then. Today it's Holden Limited.

Released in January 1960 the (FB) Holden surely borrows some design features from the Shoebox '57 Chev like the "Fins and wrap around glass" along with some actual Chevy parts like interior and exterior door handles.

My "Station Sedan" as it is marked is yet to reach 40,000 miles and I'm the third owner after father and son. I have owned the car since 1997 and made improvements every year. Showing and winning many awards around Australia to which I have always driven the car (never trailered).

The car has been awarded Top Original, Top Station Sedan, Top Car of Show ('05) at the annual FB-EK Nationals.

Thank you for your kind comments and your interest in this great Aussie classic (albeit US inspired!)

There is a little more about the car and a panorama in this thread

Regards, Smooth
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2009-07-30
Quote: Originally posted by rfh12002 on July-30-2009

..... it would probably have worked on a Ford...

Had that have been the case it wouldn't have got to the location!

AOL ? I have never met a person who uses AOL browser - wasn't that an American thing from the 1990's?

Regards, Smooth
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-07-30

hehe

yeah I use aol 9.5...force of habit I guess, all my email come through there. If I ever find a good reason for sticking with it I'll be sure and let you know!

Couldn't resist a bit of the old Aussie Ford v Holden stirring

teehee

sales@actualeducation.co.uk
www.actualeducation.co.uk
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-08-01
Quote: Originally posted by smooth on July-28-2009
I have uploaded a working sample of streaming video.

Click on the hotspot on the car headlight in scene 2

Regards, Smooth

Hello smooth,
You look like a master here,
How did you do this ?
is it a swf file or flv file and do we need to embed a flv player in that popup image window or what ? little bit confused.

A step by step inst is going to help a lot

Thanks in advance for the help.

I am just in the process of testing, learning and evaluating TW tool.
so sorry if it is dumb question

KVSSetty
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2009-08-01
KVSSetty,

The .swf file must reside in the published "resource" folder and you should place the container/wrapper.swf into the image pop-up. When you have done this and after publish add the "matching" .flv file to the root directory of the published Tourweaver tour.

Regards, Smooth
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-08-05
Smooth, I tried your stream video and loaded fine. It did crashed my Firefox browser as soon as I closed the popup window.

Now, is this video streaming in the popup an option also available in TW3?
Nikon D80
Sigma 8mm EX DG Fisheye lens
www.360PanoVista.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-07-27

Hello Dobby,

Welocme to the forum!

Loading of the virtual tours created by TW4 is streamable, but we also advise you not to use large SWFs. 

Easypano
The Virtual Tour Way
Email:support@easypano.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-07-28

Thank you Genseng for your reply.

Could you advise hoe for instand a 3 Mb SWF file becomes streamable?

I received some feedback that should be viewed as .flv using an .swf videoplayer. You refer to the videoplayer and the player starts an .flv movie. It then runs streaming like on YouTube etc.

However TW4 only accepts .swf files and I don't know how to fit a player.

Best regards,

Dobby

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-07-28

Hey - thought I'd just answered this so if two posts come up I apologise. Check out avs video converter 6 and also look at http://www.flashvideostudio.com/

sales@actualeducation.co.uk
www.actualeducation.co.uk