panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-08-17

1 hotspot pop-up image not working

I have one hotspot pop-up image that is not working in TW4. I have deleted it, moved it, and renamed it. I saved the project and restarted my computer. I tried everything I could think of.

The hotspot is visible in the scene and when I preview the project. You can click on it, but the only thing that pops up is the x from the pop-up image. My image is not there.

Thanks for your help-

Stephani
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-09-13
Hi!

I'm experiencing exactly the same issue at the moment ... some of popup images just won't show up, no matter what I do ... I checked image names, links, everything seems fine, when I look at popup window in TW, the image is there, but when viewing in Preview or exporting the tour, there is no image. Strange ...
As you said, Shill, such things can be very annoying when you are struggling to meet the deadline ... Does anyone have any solution for this issue?
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-09-13

This 'naming problem' works on the name you give it in Tourweaver as well as the actual name of the jpg or whatever is coming up.

One way around it is to backup your file and try it in TW3 - it seems to accept more strange characters than TW4.

sales@actualeducation.co.uk
www.actualeducation.co.uk
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-09-13
That's true, I don't remember having this problem in old versions. Perhaps this could be a solution, but I have bought TW4 because of the much improved loading time - and now don't want to go back to the old one ...
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-09-13
I juat figured out it might be something withe the upper and lower case file extensions (image.jpg vs image.JPG). At least that's the pattern with me.
If you look into the sourcefile path inside the open project in tourweaver, the files that are missing after the export are ending with JPG, and those that turn out fine are .jpg.
However, when I save the very same file from .JPG to .jpg in PS, the problem still remains. Any ideas?
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-09-13

Hmm - its not just a case of renaming the files through Windows Explorer is it? (Right clikc and rename) - remember to change the files in the tourweaver folders 'Scene' as well as trying it with the original files you put into tourweaver in the first place. I'm sure you'll have already thought of this but its all I can think of a the moment.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-09-13
rfh, I gues it's not just a case of renaming in explorer ...

As for the TW folders:
After exporting the project, still images appear in a zip file and are renamed. In Scene folder there are only pano images, or am i missing something?

The whole thing is rather bizzare; some jpegs turn out fine after exporting, some are missing, despite the fact that when adding them into the project in TW, everything appears OK.
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2009-09-13
They are saved as "baseline" jpg and not "progressive" jpg right?

Regards, Smooth
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-09-13
Indeed is the "progressive" problem, I realized it when I went systematically through all my problematic pics.

Smooth, I was just about to publish this when I saw your post. So, credits to you&me ;)
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-08-17
Almost forgot-I tried a gif and png image as well. The response was the same as with the jpg image. Nothing but an x.

I have submitted a question with the help desk. They are always great about getting right back with me, but I have to get this to the client now. Any ideas?
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-08-17
Check there isnt anything weird with the name of the original file !/?)( etc