panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-09-05

How Many Scenes Can TW3 Handle?

Anybody know how many scenes or pictures can TW3 handle?
www.dvt360.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-09-08
Hey!
I dont know if there is an actual limit in tw3, but the question is also how much your computer can handle ... I'm working on a project with about 80 panos (size 5000x2500) and it works, even though everything is very slow with all the panos in.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-09-08

And, to state the obvious which I'm sure you've already thought of, the bigger the tour the slower it is to load anywhere - almost unnoticeable if you are giving your tour out on disk etc but putting it online will cause problems if it is too big.

Personally I prefer to split up my work into smaller 'chunks' of tours. IE I've photographed down an river (from source to sea). I could have had this as one tour of around 45 shots but I think it is more user-friendly to split it into three smaller tours of 15. I also find that this is more workable because I include a lot of information as well as pop-up still images and video clips. 

Hope that helps

sales@actualeducation.co.uk
www.actualeducation.co.uk
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-09-18
@ RFH12002

may I ask how do you link them together, i.e. a link from the first chunk to the second chunk without opening a new browser window, and, ideally, with a smooth transition between two chunks?
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-09-19

Hi sorry its taken so long to get back to you. I use autorun pro enterprise as a WYSIWYG stand alone menu maker. This lets me add all the buttons to tours and video clips that I want.  On my 'main menu' page I will typically have three or four buttons which link to the three or four different tours.  So I split my 'virtual walk' into three or four manageable sections. I find that around 15 scenes is manageable for each tour section.

Ask away if you need more info.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-09-20
Sorry for asking this again, but autorun pro provides the way to interlink tours, i.e. you can put a button inside one tour with a link to (the inside of) another tour?

I would like to avoid the menu between the tours. Menu at the beginning works fine for me, but what I want to achieve is that user is able to browse 2 or more tours as if this would only be one tour straight out of TW.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-09-20

It might do but I don't think so. The way I run it is to have a main menu page with links to three other pages. Each of those pages contains one tour which is achieved simply by placing an html page onto the autorun page. This html page of course is the tourweaver_mytour.html one.