panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-09-11

Loading tour

Hey guys!
I have a problem with loading big tours, and have been reading something about it on this forum, but haven't found any conclusion, so I'm posting it here.
I'm working on a project with 40 panos (each of them is about 5mb big and also has some pop-up images included), so the output file is about 200mb. Project will not be published on internet, but only on a CD, so I thought size will not be a big problem. However, when trying to open the project in browser, it seems as if it tries to load everything at the very beginning, taking up 1gb of ram, which of course causes firefox to crash before one can even see the first pano.
Would it be possible to somehow set the way the tour loads, so that only the most necessary information would be loaded first, and all the other things later, so that the tour could be viewed without crashing or waiting for 20 minutes to load ... does anyone have experiences with such big projects?
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-09-12
Hey,

the tour is made for educational puropses, that's why the pano size is so big and the tour is so long.
I'm using TW4 and also thought it loads this way, but apparently it doesn't, it is impossible to watch the tour because most of times it crashes when loading bar reaches about 50% ... Now I decided to split the project in 10 smaller projects, and then link them together - so that it looks like one tour, but each part loads separately ... in theory, this would sound as a perfect solution, but now I'm having awful problems with TW's capability to link files together - there is no option for making a relative link and since the project will be moved to a cd, absolute links are not much of an use ...
I've seen some attempts on how to fix this issue here on this forum, but non of them works fine for me.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-09-11

Any reason you have the panos at such a large size, 5mb? I use 1.2mb as a maximun and some of the folks on the forum use much smaller panos. I have read before that Easypano does have a limit on over all size but not sure what it is or if it actually has one.
What version of TW are you using? It was my understanding that TW4 loads as you have suggested above.

Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-09-11

Yeah I have mine reduced for internet to about 1 - 1.3mb and around 5mb for CD use. You've probably already thought of this but its worth flagging up because I found out the hard way with my earlier tours when I started.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attention_span

If you have 40 scenes and you hope that the user spends at least 1 minute 'looking around' then thats a 40 min long tour.

sales@actualeducation.co.uk
www.actualeducation.co.uk