panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-09-20

standalone CD with embedded flash

Hi

I've been browsing this forum for a while now and found some posts with similar problems/questions as mine, however, no real solution was provided. This is why I am repeating this in a bundle + adding my own issues.

Situation/problem:
One tour was too big (problems with loading) so I split it into several smaller parts - tours. Furthermore, when running from a CD, on some machines Internet Explorer warns the user before opening the tour from a CD (security settings). Eventually, most people click yes, and the tour loads, but this is not something you want to have if you give away promo CDs.

I was thinking about embedding Flash and/or browser (Mozilla), so that everything you need is on the CD and starts from the CD (I want this CD to be independent from the user's OS and their local settings). I also want to interlink (crosslink?) all tours so they appear as one tour and so that enduser can switch between the tours without the need of a separate menu page and/or a new popup window. I.e., within tour 1 there is a link to tour 2, which opens in the same window, preferably with a smooth transition between the tours.

Has anyone ever tried this? Does it work? How to approach the problem?

Thank you for your help.

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2009-09-27
Quote: Originally posted by gupofonus on September-26-2009
Furthermore, if I link a hotspot to a local file (I've tried with a full path - C:\and_so_on: and with a relative path) it doesnt work. When I export, the path gets changed, resulting in a File not found message.

Create a folder (to be placed in the ROOT directory of the CD and call it "fscommand" place all the tours within this folder.

Your URL path for Hotspots will be %CDRoot%\fscommand\tourfolder\tourweaver_filename.html etc.

You cannot use C:\ or D:\ etc for the reasons you have already found.

You will burn the fscommand folder and all it's contents to your CD but NOT the folder that contains the fscommand folder itself.

Search the forums for word fscommand and you should find entires about this I covered many, many years ago.

Regards, Smooth
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-10-02
Hi!
I've been following this one and many other topics on this forum related to the "linking problem". I've tried the solution with fscommand folder, as suggested by Smooth. I've seen people on the forum saying that it works, but for some reason I just can't get it right. I have a fscommand folder with all the tours within it, as subfolders. The link in Tourweaver than looks like: \fscommand\_flashvr1\my_tour. The fscommand folder is than burned to cd, as root folder. Than, the link won't open the desired tour, but just an emty window. i gues I must be missing something out here ...
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2009-10-02
Have you rewritten the autorun.inf file to point to the correct path? This is you can edit with "Notepad" or similar.

OK, that is only one issue. The next is the path for the Hotspots.

For this I would need to know the full file structure.

Regards, Smooth
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2009-10-02
Another thing to cross my mind is the "new" security settings the Adobe has introduced into Flash (since I covered this issue many years ago). You "may?" need to adjust the security settings to allow the CD drive.

Regards, Smooth
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-09-21

I don't know why it happens but if you use one of my autorun cds this security setting does not happen.  It seems that when you put an html page onto autorun pro enterprise this problem does not occur.

Try one of my free 'postcard' tours from my website -

www.actualeducation.co.uk - free stuff - good stuff and then download whichever one you want. See what happens. On the bigger tours I include a flash download on another menu page. These smaller tours do not have them.

Hope this helps.

sales@actualeducation.co.uk
www.actualeducation.co.uk
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-09-21
Rfh, thanks... I'll give this autorun pro enterprise a go. But from their features page, I'm not sure this software is exactly what I am looking for.

Anyone else with same probs around?
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2009-09-21
You also could look at
Autoplay Media Studio
or
Autorun Max!
Both of these are from www.indigorose.com

I personally use Autorun Max!, though I haven't done a CD project for quite awhile.

Regards, Smooth
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-09-21
Thanks.

Smooth, btw, do you know if there is a way to link from one tour directly to another (without going via one extra menu)? It works when files are online and i link to url, but I somehow cannot link to a local file.
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2009-09-21
You have seen this option?

You "should" be able to link to a local HTML file by browsing to the next HTML file but I would think you have to remove the http:// for it to work locally.

Regards, Smooth
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2009-09-21
You also should be able to add a hotspot to link to your next tour. This hotspot can be within the viewer or a button on the skin.

Regards, Smooth