panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-11-25

Building a web site!

Hello all,

First things first,  I'm a photographer with limited knowlege of building web sites although I have built very static sites in the past.  I now feel ready to start building my site for my virtual tours and need some help.

I'm  using deamweaver cs4 and photoshop cs3 and can't get the tour I have built in tourweaver pro4 to play or even display any scenes. Can any bodie instruct me to what I need to do and in what order to do it as I've been going round in circles for the past week moving files from one folder to another in the vain hope I'll get lucky.

Dose any body know of publcations on the subject I can get my hands on that would be of any use.

I would be very greatful for any help.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Glen.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-11-25
Hi Glen, did you manage to upload the files created by Tourweaver and get the tour working from that? If so that is a good stating point and you can work from there.

Apartment rentals Nerja

Villa rentals Nerja

Accommodation Nerja

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2009-11-25
Glen,

Nothing hard about this.
Take all the files that Tourweaver outputs and place them in the "same" folder as the page you are making with Dreamweaver. Copy the "code' from the first Tourweaver HTML page if you want to open the tour in a new window OR copy the "source code" from the second HTML page (normally this page is called Tourweaver_yourtour.html) that Tourweaver creates and place this into your Dreamweaver page.

You want all the code from <script type .....
all the way down until </script> (the script closing tag)
Copy that and past it into your Dreamweaver page under the <body> tag (same structure as the original Tourweaver HTML).

Just be sure to keep everything in the same folder and things should work sweet.

Regards, Smooth
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-11-25

That should get you up and running - as Smooth says it really is that simple.  I know where you are at right now because I was there and I thought I was hours/days away from finding a solution.  Once you get it done you'll wonder why you ever thought it was so hard. I know I hit that brick wall and couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong.  Yell again if you need help and since youre UK we can talk through it on the phone if that helps.  I've not used dreamweaver but you can check out how I've used it on my pages.

Ta

Forrest

sales@actualeducation.co.uk
www.actualeducation.co.uk