panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-10-20
Quote: Originally posted by smooth on October-20-2010

A tour follows a movie track (be it your own or the default "Slideshow" movie track)whenever in Auto Play mode or when you click on the Play button. Whatever the rotation speed is of the movie track of the "scene" is how fast the scene will rotate.

So, let's say I have movie1 set as default. What your saying is when the tour opens and is set to Automatic it rotates the same speed as when I click on, let's say a radar hotspot or thumbnail?

Clicking a button, say a directional button will take you away from the movie track and onto the whatever the button is set at. Meaning it will obey the rotation speed of the button. Your directional buttons can have the same or different rotational speeds.

Your saying button here, are you referring to only left, right, up and down? or do thumbnails, hotspots and radar hotspots count as well?

You have no control over the rotation speed of the "Play or Direction"buttons in fullscreen mode "if" you are using the Tourweaver default fullscreen control menu. You get whatever Easypano set this at.

With what I'm talking about, I'm not in full screen. However, if someone were to go to full screen will my narration voice over continue to match the scene?

Worth noting is that the timeline on a movie track will show in what is presumably "S" for seconds. My testings show this is not true and should be used only as a reference or guide. Relying on it for actual real life seconds will only disappoint. I.E: 40 seconds on the timeline is 24 seconds in real life on "this" computer I typing this on. 40s is default rotation speed of 10. A change of rotation speed to 2 adjusts the movie track of the scene to 200s and real life seconds to 122 seconds (again on this computer). It will change from computer to computer depending on CPU power.

Are you saying I can set the default movie's rotation speed? Sorry, this has me somewhat confused? ...scratching head... looking for speed setting under Movie REC tab.

You need to pay attention to what movie track you have assigned. You also should make sure that in the publish section of Tourweaver the same movie track is set for Autoplay.

I have movie1 set as the default and the autoplay is checked at the publish section.

Still kinda of lost with this, Smooth. I need for my tour when opened and the autoplay is selected to rotate at the same speed as when I preview it. The preview speed seems to match the speed of when clicking on a thumb or radar hotspot. This default speed on autoplay is extremely fast and is not what I'm previewing in tourweaver.

HERE is a tour I'm playing with to find these settings.

Thanks for the help, mate! Very much appreciated.

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2010-10-20

In your tour they is no "Play" button so there is no way to return to the Autoplay "Default" movie track. You can set which movie track you want to be default.

Hotspots and Thumbnails respect the movie track of the "Slideshow" and the only way to modify the Slideshow movie track is via the Scene Properties. Hotspots and Thumbnails do not respect your movie track even if set to default.

Adjusting your movie track to match the Slideshow movie track rotation speed will keep all the speeds the same.

Thumbnails don't have to be associated with scenes, they can be associated with movie tracks. But you need to custom build the thumbnail image.

There is no speed control input box or slider in the MovieREC you have "frames". As I stated previously a speed of 10 = 40 frames. You can prove this by setting a scene speed in the scene properties and then take a peak in the MovieREC timeline for that scene and see how many frames are associated with it.

There is no set speed for the whole tour (unless you match all scenes to the exact some speed). I.E: If you never set any scene speeds they would all be the same speed by default. 

You say your autoplay is too fast! Well, I'm not sure what movie track you have set the autoplay to? Is it Slideshow or movie1 movie track? Which ever it is needs each scenes rotation speed adjusted.  

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-11-10
Tour With Play Button Added

Added a play button to this tour and the rotation speed it still much to quick and does not match the speed of when clicking on say the left or right buttons.

I have Movie 1 set as the default for the play button and in the publish settings. Movie 1 is also set as the default movie under the movie tab in the timeline.

Each scene is set at 12 for speed. I can take these settings and run them down to 2 and there is no differnce in the auto play speed. When you click on a button it really slows down. I like a rotation speed of 10-12 but the auto rotation is moving much faster than that.

What in the world am I doing wrong or not doing?
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2010-11-10

Pixel,

I have explained it the best I can. Please supply a screen capture of your movie track.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-11-10
Hey Thanks mate, I really appreciate the help.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-11-10

Hi all,

Maybe this topics will help.    

http://www.easypano.com/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=6&TopicID=3688&SearchPagePosition=1&search=speed&searchMode=allwords&searchIn=Topic&forum=6&searchSort=dateDESC&ReturnPage=Search

http://www.easypano.com/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=6&TopicID=4334&SearchPagePosition=1&search=speed&searchMode=allwords&searchIn=Topic&forum=6&searchSort=dateDESC&ReturnPage=Search

Gr, HA

..............................................................................................................................................

Home is where your hard disk is ;)

HarryA360

VRtour.eu

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2010-11-10

Setting the Speed via the P&A has NO relation of effect on "your" movie track. It effects the default slideshow movie track and from this you make your copy or use it as the guide.

I can see you have 28 frames per scene for rotation. This "equates" to a speed of 14. If you want the speed to speed up (reduce) the number of frames per scene and to slow it down (increase) the number of frames in the scene on the movie track by dragging the end frame.

As you have found out, changing the speed number in the P&A does nothing to the actual speed of "your" movie track. But if you check the frame count of the default slideshow movie track you will notice it is changing!

What you determined the correct amount of frames to your scene for speed you will than need to find to correlating number for to add this as the speed setting for the direction buttons.

Lets assume you like a speed of 8, 8 = 50 frames so make sure "all" your scenes have 50 frames from the starting rotation frame to the end rotation frame. Again done easily by dragging the appropriate end frame into position on the timeline.

Now adjust the rotation speed of the direction buttons to match (8).

If you want the default "slideshow" movie track to match you will also need to change the P&A setting to (8) for every scene. Again checking the timeline will show you that a speed setting of 8 equals 50 frames. The reason why you might wish to do this is because the slideshow movie track is what the thumbnails and other objects will default to if selected outside of "your" movie track.

Note: Using the Tourweaver FullscreenBar has it's own rotation speed set for the direction buttons and you cannot adjust these speeds with the Tourweaver GUI. It appears to honor whatever is set the default movie track speed with the Play/Pause button.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2010-11-10

P&A Number entered = Frame Amount on the timeline

100 = 4    Fastest Rotation
80  = 5
50  = 8
40  = 10
30  = 13
20  = 20
15  = 26   }
12  = 33    }
10  = 40     } Normal Range
8   = 50    }
6   = 66   }
5   = 80
4   = 100
3   = 133
2   = 200
1   = 400  Slowest Rotation

As you can clearly see it appears to work on a factor of 4.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-11-10
LOL, was getting ready to ask where you came up with 50 frames equals 8.

Thanks mate, really do appreciate the help.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-11-10
Quote: Originally posted by Kerry Rudy on October-20-2010
As Smooth points out the timeline time is not time only a guide. This is why sound, other than looped background) will not work correctly. Voice descriptions for a scene won't work correctly. EP needs to change their whole approach to sound. Other applications can do it correctly.

Getting ready to a big job with sound, what other applications are you referring to?