panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-02-16
Thanks Miguel. But what would be the purpose of having the Captcha if the site is only for viewing tours. It you had to go through a Captcha to view the tour I think people would not bother to view the tour! I just don't understand the reasons for having it unless you want someone to fill out a form or something of that nature.
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2010-02-16
The Captcha is only of use to you if you have an email form on the html pages. It is not about viewing the panoramas.

There is no point adding an extra index.html page to each directory either. "Most" servers read this file as the default home directory of the folder and will display it. Not return you to the website home page.

If you want to lock down the directory/folder so people can't view the contents then you must make the "tour page" the index.html file or write a special error page for the root of this directory.

Either way, neither will prevent hacking of your server. Which is where the thread started. In fact, naming all the directory files to index.html will make it easier for this "extra added" unwanted code to be place via a script that targets any page named index.html across the server.

Regards, Smooth
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-02-17
Thanks Smooth, that puts us back on the original topic of how to stop the hacking of my site. I think changing the password to a more difficult password is probably my best bet without having to re-name and write new code. Of course you all know that code stuff is way over my head :-)
As I stated before I was not aware that I could use symbols in addition to letters and numbers in the password. So hopefully my site will be more secure now. I also will make it a habit of changing my password every so often.
Thanks so much for all the help and suggestions. I just hope this thread will help someone else that unfortunately runs into this problem!
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!