panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-04-07

Uploading Virtual Tours to YouTube

Howzit,

I am quite new at this and I have searched everywhere but cannot find the answerL.

Basically I need to be able to upload to YouTube as I need to create and Syndicate Virtual Tours for a Real-Estate company and YouTube is the best way of doing that.

YouTube accepts video files from most digital cameras and camcorders, and cell phones in the .AVI, .MOV, .WMV, and .MPG file formats - please, please help me with the following questions:

-What are the exact output formats of Tourweaver 5 Professional Edition?
- If is compatible with YouTube?
- If yes, will the quality of the Virtual Tour remain intact and how on earth do I go about this?
- If No, is there any way of converting the file so that it will be compatible with YouTube?

Has anyone tried uploading to YouTube at all?

Thank you so much if you are trying to answer this!!!!

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-05-07
I know I'm about a month late in replying but thought I would chime in on this.

Recently one of my real estate clients asked me the same thing. As an internet marketer I know the power of getting your listings on YouTube. If you don't get this, you may want to look into Google's "universal search". An optimized video on YouTube can garner some great traffic.

The only virtual tour company I have seen that has the capability of converting the tour to video so that it can be posted on YouTube is MySnapTours.com I had never heard of these guys before but my client could not be happier with the results.

Here is the link to their video explaining how their product works with YouTube. http://www.mysnaptours.com/blog/?p=28
Kevin Alvarez
Blue Lynx Marketing, Inc.
Internet Marketing Solutions for Small Business
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-04-07
Hi Anna and welcome to the forum.
The topic of YouTube has been discussed many times here. If you do a search on the forum just type in YouTube and you will get the results. It's been a long time so I don't remember the whole discussion. I have pretty much given up on YouTube............
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-04-10
In my personal opinion, don't waste your time with youtube. All it does is make the home seller feel good. We are trying to help sell the house for the sellers, not entertain the buyers. If you do go through the hassle of exporting the movie track to a movie file that can be uploaded to youtube, then the viewer looses all interactivity. When you loose interactivity, then what is the point of interactive 360 Virtual tours?

If youtube is a must, just get a video camera.

From personal experience I've lost customers to the Youtube craze and they have all come back to 360 degree interactive. Why? Because they give way more information to the user and the user is in control. And 360 degree interactive tours done right don't suck. Youtube tours done well cost way more to produce.
www.dvt360.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-05-08

Here is another post a little on the late side.

My clients want it listed on YouTube as well. Not for viewing but SEO practices and driving traffic theri way. I use two methods, .AVI but quickly found out the software that came with the my mac will turn the image into a video and upload it to YouTube with one click.

-Chris

ParaViz
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-05-10
Hi, TW will support publishing tour into standalone SWF very soon, and by then you will be able to upload your tours onto Youtube directly. Please keep up to date with our news.
Easypano Holdings Inc.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-05-24
Quote:
The only virtual tour company I have seen that has the capability of converting the tour to video so that it can be posted on YouTube is MySnapTours.com

All the "mySnapTours" seems to do is play a slideshow that is not interactive. I'm not sure I get the benefit. Sure if you put it on YouTube I guess you can drive traffic but what a lame presentation of a home.
www.dvt360.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-05-24

I suppose the best workthrough for now would be to create a video template with plenty of still frames showing text saying where people can view the interactive proper tour.  You can then simply use Camtasia or suchlike to video record the tour and slot it in to the template.

Just a thought?

sales@actualeducation.co.uk
www.actualeducation.co.uk