panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-04-14

Maximum number of scenes

I'm making a tour with 216 scenes in it. Tourweaver isn't very happy about it; but lets me use them anyway. When I try to play the exported flash file, it's super slow. After letting it load for a half an hour, it was only at 27%.

Is this 'cause I have to many scene files?

Is there a way to keep all my scenes, but speed up the loading process?

Is there a better exporting method for the web?

Forgive my ignorance I'm extremely new to this. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!!
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-04-15

Topher, there is another topic with this subject... unfortunately, easpano is not capable to provide an working version with more then 200 scenes and is not capable to provide alternative navigation ways between scenes of more exported projects.

We paid for updating to tw5 version only for that reason, to have more then 200 scenes in one project, but they tolds us about this limitation after we paid.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-04-15

It is the same for the multi-language version ...

Still to come !

Nikon D300s - Nikor 10.5 - (PW7 Pro + TW6 Pro) - W7 Ultim - DELL Prceision M6400 (Quad Core - 8GB - 2x160GB-SSD)
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-04-17

Topher,

I'd seriously recommend cutting your tour up into sections.  I made this point elsewhere (but can't find the link) - if you imagine your user spending only 30 seconds looking at a panorama (which is much less than I hope they would) and you have 200 scenes then you get this sum;

200x30 seconds = 100 minutes = 1hour, 40 minutes looking at your tour.  This is waaay over the amount of time that I think most people could, or would, devote to looking at a virtual tour.  If you split it into bite sized chunks then you offer the user more structure, less of a time commitment and also a faster loading website and tour.

If you're doing something like a hotel and its grounds, you could chop it up into

tour 1 - the grounds, tour 2 - the rooms, - tour 3, the public rooms, tour 4 - the facilities (swimming pool etc).

You could have your webpage with 4 links (1 to each tour). User clicks on a link et voila, that tour loads. 1/4 of the original size of the full tour.

Hope this helps - it is all my opinion so feel free to use or not use.

sales@actualeducation.co.uk
www.actualeducation.co.uk
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-04-19
rfh12002,

That's a great idea! Thank you very much for the help. The whole time thing really put it into perspective. Thanx
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-04-19

My pleasure

'been there n done that' with the big tours!  I've got one coming out which has over 100 scenes, with video clips, audio, text and other pop-ups.  I've split it up into six mini tours.

Good to know it was of some help!  Good luck with your project - it must be very exciting

sales@actualeducation.co.uk
www.actualeducation.co.uk