panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-04-20
Quote: Originally posted by Arpito on April-19-2010
check out
PangeaVR Pro
at http://www.3gapps.de/hersteller/pangea-software-inc

Is it possible to add pop up texts like tourweaver? I want to make a panoramic tour, just like Tourweaver.

If i convert it to Quicktime, will i preserve the interactivity?
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-04-20
All the current application dedicated to Iphone / Ipod touch / Ipad are only dealing with a single pano.

Tour can not be converted to quicktime VR; either they are made with Quicktime authoring tool or they are made with TW for example. But multi node virtual tour can no be changed from a format (flash) to another one (quicktime VR).

thierry
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-04-21

It is clear that Apple decided, now, to NOT use flash !  Nor on the iPhone, nor on the iPad !

This start to become a big market.
Not everyone is interrested by virtual tours !  These are in general, more at the point of the technology.

This will be more the public touched by the iPhone/iPad market !

What is the solution proposed by EP ?

A new output format could be a good solution to the jerky tours ;-)

Nikon D300s - Nikor 10.5 - (PW7 Pro + TW6 Pro) - W7 Ultim - DELL Prceision M6400 (Quad Core - 8GB - 2x160GB-SSD)
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-04-21

Apple decided not to use flash claiming that it used too much battery power but the real truth is money.  If Apple would have allowed flash applications they would have lost sales in their app shop.  Is this going to be the end of flash?  Certainly not.  Considering that approx 97% of all computers use flash I'm sure the small little market Apple created with the ipad wont make a difference. 

Besides, HP spent 5 years developing the Slate (similar to ipad) and has worked with Adobe to ensure that all flash applications will work.

Don't let a piece of hardware or a company like Apple dictate the rules.  You are still reaching the largest target audience on regular computers.  Even MAC users with Safari can view these tours.

web design • virtual tours • photography • video
www.nastudios.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-04-21

It is not the purpose to accept or not the fact Flash is a CPU consumer, battery consumer or ... we don't care.

The real problem is that a lot of (more and more) active people are using iPhone, iPad ...

Not having a solution for them is simply not good !

We, as Virtual Tour conceptors, are loosing a lot of potentioal customers !
And this is a real concern.

Nikon D300s - Nikor 10.5 - (PW7 Pro + TW6 Pro) - W7 Ultim - DELL Prceision M6400 (Quad Core - 8GB - 2x160GB-SSD)
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-04-22

Again, the problem is not Adobe or Flash.  The problem is Apple.  I average between 200-300 tours per year but my main business is web design.  Every single site I design has some type of flash element in it.  Am I to stop designing my websites and tours using flash because Apple refuses to use flash on an ipod or ipad?  That's completely ridiculouos.

1.2 Billion mobile phones are Flash-capable; 70% of online gaming sites run Flash; 98% percent of internet-enabled desktops use it; 85% of top 100 websites use Flash; it's the #1 platform for video on the Web 75% of all videos use Flash (including Hulu, Disney and YouTube).

Flash isn't disappearing anytime soon and the fact that Android, Windows Phone 7, and BlackBerry can all run flash makes you start to wonder if Apple made the right decision.  Either way, as web standards change to HTML5 so will the entire industry.  I will be interested to see where things are at a few years from now.

:)

web design • virtual tours • photography • video
www.nastudios.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-04-22
It's a question of standard : It's worth considering an HTML5 solution now. It takes some time to develop a software. TW used to produce only javascript based Tours. It used to be troublesome with a lot of computers. Then they made TW which could produce flash and javascript tour.

When they switched to Flash only, a lot of users on the forum complained about it, about the quality issue and they just did not see the potential of having a trouble free tour which could be seen by most of the pople. Today most of the virtual tour are flash based.

When Apple decided to drop the floppy drive, most of the computers companies said they were mad. They were the first company to bring Firewire to all of their machines. When they released the first Iphone, Nokia was laughing hard, not so much today. Microsoft did try to tackle the Ipod/iphone market with it's Zune product without success. They are not by any means mad people. It might just give an indication of the possible future of internet browsing.

Although it will require Easypano to dedicate to time and people to a new possibility, it might be worth in the future so it's always interesting to investigate that way. It does not mean to drop flash now but check other solutions as well.

History teaches us that things can change in computer world. Yahoo and altavista used to be the Kings of the world of search engine before...Google came in. As for videos, most of the streaming platforms are using H264 instead of pure Flash video. Vimeo is converting its format to html5 compatible format as well.
It's too early to consider the winner but not to late to consider other ways...

thierry

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2010-04-23
Quote: Originally posted by tbrusson on April-22-2010
TW used to produce only javascript based Tours.

Java (Applet) not Javascript. These are two different things.

Regards, Smooth
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-04-23
Correct. My Mystake. Javascript enable to create scripts to add interaction to webpages (therefore it's more limited) whereas Java is a programming language. It remains Flash was at that time the best way to go but one can ask about html5 potential today.

thierry
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2010-04-23
I have produced some HTML5 panoramas for testing purposes. At this stage it is very limited. It "might" become the standard, but it is still a fair way off and I doubt it will kill off Flash no matter how hard Steve Jobs tries.

Regards, Smooth