panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-04-29

Converting swf to javascript

Hey guys, I made a virtual tour and I want to convert the swf to javascript or anything that works on iPad. I was able to manualy paste the presentation on iPad, but now it says i need flash player. I know there is a way to convert it to javascript. Very urgent. Need help :(   
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-04-30
Ok, so i got a trial version of 3.0 somewhere on the internet, i saved it as java. Any ideas how to make it work on ipad?
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-04-30
I am afraid you can't. Basically an Ipad is not different than an Iphone or Ipod touch (system is the same) but for the size of the screen and the A4 chip. A TW3 java tour is not working on it.

thierry
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-04-30

Wolverine, 

My mistake.  I just realized that In addition to Apple not supporting Flash, they are not supporting JAVA either.   I would tell you to design the tours in QuickTime but I believe there is limited features and the iPad wont support those as well.  I look at the iPad as being a tablet computer meant for LIGHT internet browsing.  It is not capable of displaying the tours you create in Tourweaver and sadly enough, HTML5 is not the answer at the present time to completely replace the virtual tours we have become so use to.

web design • virtual tours • photography • video
www.nastudios.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-04-29

I'm afraid I don't know how to turn an swf into javascript but if you have the original tour files in tourweaver can't you just export it as a javascript file?

sales@actualeducation.co.uk
www.actualeducation.co.uk
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-04-29
If you have an older version of Tourweaver (3.0 or lower) you can publish in Java but you would have to recreate your tours again. It is not possible to convert your existing .swf to a Java Applet.

web design • virtual tours • photography • video
www.nastudios.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-04-30
Depending in the needs : If it's urgent and it's required to be displayed on Ipad, you should make a movie (using camtasia or screenflow) and output in quicktime format. There will be no interactivity but again it depends on the purpose of the demo.

thierry