panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2010-06-18
The version of Tourweaver 4.0 I have installed is 4.00.91105

I have uploaded a sample of TW4 for testing here

You should download the current version of your (old Tourweaver release) build from http://www.easypano.com/download_ad.html

Easypano need to add build numbers to the downloads so we know if we have the most current build of the release version.

I must say, the tours I have uploaded compiled by the versions of Tourweaver installed on my computer all seem to work fine for me. So is it the build version of the ones others are showing? or something else?

Regards, Smooth
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-06-18

Hi Smooth, maybe is only need to publish again having the latest flash installed in that machine. But this is just a guess as I don't know if TW uses in a way, the curently installed flash player in publishing.
Maybe the Easypano programmers to tell if this can be a possible explanation and so a quick fix.

Dorin

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-06-18
Thanks Smooth, do you think it is likely that all I will need to change is the twviewer file on each tour if I just re-create one of the tours? I just dont fancy the prospect of re-running 200 odd tours and uploading them :(

Apartment rentals Nerja

Villa rentals Nerja

Accommodation Nerja

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-06-18
I too am hoping I would not have to republish and upload all my tours. I have over 200 as well. I could tolerate the thought of changing the code in a file. Would sure be nice if we could get a discount on an upgrade due to this. If the newer version works, it shouldn't be difficult for them to see where the problem lies. They should have already had a patch for this! I am not a happy camper!!! I have been thinking of switching to another solution for my tours rather than pay for an upgrade. As the clock ticks I am leaning more and more that direction. I think I will start researching.
Still learning the ropes.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-06-18
Okay... you all had better LOVE me!

I resolved my problem without a huge amount of trouble. When checking for an update through my 3.0 version, it only tells me that the newest version is the 5.0 and does not tell me if I have the latest build of 3.0. Doing a little investigating and digging I found a link to download the latest build of 3.0. I then was able to copy my skins, etc files into the new installation and use my same activation key. I republished a tour and viola! It works!!! I was also able to simply copy that twviewer.swf file from that working tour into another tour that was already uploaded and again... viola! It works now too!!! So it appears so far that I will have all my tours working again within a few hours.

Here is the link to download the latest build of 3.0:

http://www.easypano.com/download_tw300.html

I sincerely hope this helps someone else! :)
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-06-18
BTW... Easypano, you can thank me for helping another valued customer by giving me a free upgrade to 5.0!
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2010-06-19
Hoosier3D,

I hate to bring it to your attention but as you can clearly see I had already advised what I suspected the problem to be for users of older versions and the link to download the up to date version in a post well prior to yours for all versions of Tourweaver TW3 and TW4 etc. Here again: http://www.easypano.com/download_ad.html I posted examples of tours compiled with the latest builds and they clearly worked fine. Your suggested "fix" is exactly the same as what was required previously. Once upgraded to the latest build that problem went away.

I'm very glad though, that this is the solution and it is a good reminder to all that you should always make sure you are using the most current version of your build.

As Easypano is using Flash as the means of delivery via the viewer it is always at the mercy of Adobe and any "upgrades?" updates, security fixes and the like they release for the Flash Player browser plug-in. This is not the fault in anyway of Easypano.

As for free upgrades, well that's entirely up to Easypano (a discount maybe!) but it was made clear on this website quite some time back now that a patch had been released and how to go about applying it. It appears you and quite a few others failed to keep your build up to date. The fault though is not yours entirely, Easypano should email all users and make public forum posts anytime a new build is released and the reason for it!

It is apparent that the system of file naming by Easypano is NOT satisfactory and nor is the check for update feature. Both of these need immediate attention.

Check for Update should only check for the installed version and advise on current build.

Downloads should have the build number included I.E: tw3win_pro_build_3.00.090916.exe
and this build number and release date should also be in clear view next to, above or underneath the download button on the Easypano website. I just wasted 37+mb of my bandwidth downloading tw3win_pro.exe and installing just to "see" if I was already using the current most up to date build (which I was!) all because I couldn't see a build number on the website or in the file name.

Regards, Smooth
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-06-19
+1
Nikon D300s - Nikor 10.5 - (PW7 Pro + TW6 Pro) - W7 Ultim - DELL Prceision M6400 (Quad Core - 8GB - 2x160GB-SSD)
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-06-19

Hi Smooth, I'm using the latest build of TW3.0 it seems that after updating the flash player I need to re-publish all my tours made with 3.0 again with the same bulild and apparently it suppose to work, as you prooved. BTW Thanks for your investigations, you're as always very helpful :)

However I'm wondering if the current flash player can affect the published tour, if this 10.1.x.x. version is bad for whatever reason, I will need to re-publish again when a better 10.2.x.x will be released ?

I don't have access to all the tours I made, let alone the ones on CDs so I need to contact people to tell "you know what? due to some Adobe update.." which is ok, I can do that, no problems.. but.. I don't want to do this again next week.

I'll check now if with the latest build of TW but with previous flash player the problem is still there and if with the same build of TW and latest 10.1.x.x. flash player the problem is fixed.
An official answer form Easypano will be gratefully received of course.

cheers,
Dorin

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2010-06-19
Dorin,

Mate, I'm in the exact same boat as you.
I don't know the real answer. I guess it could be a case of needing to publish again with 10.1.x.x. installed. But suffice to say Adobe has a lot to answer for.

I have other computers without the Flash update installed so I will run some tests a little later to see what the story is.

Regards, Smooth