panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-08-14

Is this possible in TW?

I am new to this but have become obsessed with this style of panoramic guided tour. http://www.everyscape.com/corporate/ambassador_product-demo.html

The directions are easy to follow and if I want to jump back out to the street I can. I would LOVE to hear that not only is it possible but that someone here has relevant examples that have already been done.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-08-14

Also did a bit more looking through EveryScape's page and seen this one for the Peabody in Orlando. Just remarkable ease of use, moving from the atrium to the foyer to the bar area - elevators and so on.

http://peabody_orl.supertour.com/#p=1275416&y=181.28&pi=0&sbm=mwelcome&sbtsi=index

I really need to be able to do something like this and am looking for the software that can accomplish this.

Thanks, Mike

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-08-14
Hi Mike, yes Tourweaver can do everything you see on Everyscape plus a lot more. I would say hover that the walkthrough effect on Everyscape is superior to that of Tourweaver.

Why not download a trial version of Tourweaver 6 and have a play. There is plenty of help available on this forum if you get unstuck.

Apartment rentals Nerja

Villa rentals Nerja

Accommodation Nerja

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-08-14

Yeah, the walkthrough effect is wonderful for sure. I have seen other sites where they have hotspots, links etc where you jump into the next room but for some reason or another, it confuses me and I lose the "flow" IYKWIM.

I will download and give it a shot. Going to have to find a fisheye lens for my Olympus. Any suggestions?

Also, the panohead for my tripod. Any pointers there as well?

Thanks, Mike

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2010-08-14

G'day Mike,

Welcome to the Easypano forums.

Tourweaver for sure will meet your needs all in a friendly GUI.

For your lens I would suggest either the factory Zuiko 8mm fisheye or if the budget is limited it is hard to go past the manual 8mm Samyang fisheye (or one of the re-badged names) See this link  if you have the right model Olympus camera.

Panoheads you have many options. Agnos and Nodal Ninja are favoured by most on this forum. If you get stuck on the model or options let me know, I have experience and used most models with different camera/lens set ups.

Regards, Smooth  [8D]

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-08-14

Thanks everyone for the help so far.

Let me tell you a little bit of what I am trying to achieve and then ask some questions.

To begin with, I own a resort here in Branson, MO. At my property I have 3 seperate locations. 12 condos to the south (about 400 yards away from the office) the main resort and then 28 more condos to the north (about 1 mile away)

Each condo is furnished differently, but the layout overall is the same. We are continually innundated with questions from customers asking what is the lakeview like, how close to the pool is this condo, is the kitchenette close to the pool and so on.

To complicate matters more, the condos to the north are set 2 on each side of the road going down to the lake. Take a look at this 1st photo

http://lonestarcondo.com/images/lsc_01.jpg

The building in the photo is actually behind another identical bldg. You have to imagine the photo you are looking at is going downhill. This bldg is on the left hand side of the road. There are also 2 other buildings on the right hand side as well.

Customers go bananas trying to figure out which one is theirs.

Same goes for the pool

http://lonestarcondo.com/images/montage/Condo_pool_768.jpg

If I didn't tell you, just by looking at this photo you have zero idea of where the pool is in relation to the condo you are staying in.

Then there is the interior shots. All of my condos are 3BDR/2BA. Customers want to know the layout, which ones have king sized beds, biggest TVs etc.

Last thing. I want to set up a nice page but am something...no scratch that. I am a complete novice photographer. The camera I have is nice, but nothing special. The model is an Olympus C-5060 http://cgi.ebay.com/Olympus-C-5060-Digital-Camera-Refurbished-Open-Box-/300452082193?pt=Digital_Cameras

When you gave me the numbers for the fisheye lens I bout fell off of my chair. I am already planning on the grand for the software, but will positively be shot if I drop another grand for a lens.

Could you briefly explain to me why something like this lens would be unacceptable? http://cgi.ebay.com/Fisheye-Wide-LENS-Olympus-Evolt-Zuiko-14-45-40-150-/130383301316?pt=Camera_Lenses

Thanks for everything. I hope I didn't overwhelm you with all of this, but like to convey what it is I hope to ultimately achieve and look to the board for advice on how best to go about it.

Sincerely, Mike

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-08-14
Hi Mike, I am not qualified enough to answer your query on the lenses but with regards your project Tourweaver can certainly deliver.

In Tourweaver you have the ability to easily add maps which can be a map you have designed or an aerial photo. To this map you can add hotspots that link to each property.

You can have as many maps as you like.

Also in the latest version of Tourweaver which is currently in Beta so ironing out a few glitches you have the ability to add a Google Map and place hotspots on the map. This would show your viewers where in relation all the properties are to each other and the pool etc.

Tourweaver is more than capable you just need the imagination. :)

Apartment rentals Nerja

Villa rentals Nerja

Accommodation Nerja

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2010-08-14

Mike,

As I see it you have a top notch resort. You MUST display this class with class because anything else will be a reflection on your business.

You can either learn the process to produce a quality tour yourself or you can hire a professional panographer to shoot the images. Allowing you to build the tour without the hassle of buying or learning the shooting and stitching process. Or course you could just hire someone capable to do the lot.

Here are some facts:

• You really need a DSLR camera
  • A quality fisheye lens
  • A panohead
  • Stitching software
  • Tour Software
  • Photoshop
  • A skill set in each and a lot of learning to maximise your results.
  • and a fair bit of cash to get you there.

Note this: Shooting quality panoramas requires knowledge of using a camera in full "manual" mode. You must understand: Shutter Speed, Aperture settings along with ISO, White Balance. How to get the best from the lens via Hyperfocal shooting. If you are not already a capable photographer with experience you have a HUGE learning curve to conquer.

Sure we are willing to help you short cut with "known" settings but you still need to know how to put these into action.

Yes, you can shoot a panorama with any camera and any lens. It's just the shear amount of shots required to cover the sphere. That's assuming you wish to create "proper" 360x180 view everywhere panoramas and not simple single sweep/row limited field of view panoramas.

The "budget" fisheye/wide angle toy you pointed to is just that "a toy" and the resulting images will have bad Chromatic Aberration along with noticeable Vignetting. Software "could" struggle to stitch these resulting images and provided you get a result it will be poor. Many, many people have walked this path and wasted plenty of hard earned cash.

To have a serious "tour" built of you resort would run you about 3 to 5K finished. To buy what you need will run you you minimum $2500 being conservative (I have paid more for a single lens). Then you have the frustration of the journey learning how to drive your hardware, followed by the software and that is assuming you have some sort of design skills.

Panography is a great "addictive" hobby or profession, but it requires commitment both financial and time learning. It can be extremely rewarding both personally and financially though.

You really need to consider your wants and desires and what it is you really wish to achieve. Something that earns you money via your resort sales effortlessly by hiring a professional panographer, or a skill set after an investment is time and equipment to gives you ultimate total control "eventually".

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2010-08-15

Before anybody else wastes time on this, please be aware threads are running all over the panorama forums.

I.E: Panoguide  and Autopano along with this site for a start.

Not that's there's anything wrong with asking in multiple places. It's just the information and requests varies in each.

Mike, if you have in fact purchased a 0-360 one shot mirror you can use Tourweaver to complete a tour of your resort. Although the quality will be questionable the FOV limited and not anywhere near professional by way of photography standards. But perhaps it will do....

Regards, Smooth [8D]