panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-08-24

Embedding SWF info flash

When i load the file without the browser nothing shows. Also when i embed it into an existing flash file, nothing shows. I really hope this is fixed soon. Or does anyone have a solution? Thanks.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-09-03
this is joke right??? am i suppose to ask my clients to ask their client to enable this security feature in order for this swf to work. Dont be redeiculous this is not a hobby, its business. And yes, smoothe, the swf work fine alone in browser or standalone, but still even with this security change, the swf embedded in my flash file does not work.
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2010-09-04

As I have explained before in other threads. The security of Adobe Flash is totally to doing of Adobe and has nothing to do with Easypano. The security restrictions exist for a reason obviously.

Running the .swf locally via Flash standalone requires modifications to your local security settings. But here is the important part running the Flash file via a "browser" uses the pre existing security settings of the browser so 99 times out of 100 the Flash file will display correctly without the need to adjust any settings. Open the .swf file with Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Apple Safari, Mozilla Firefox or Opera and the problem solved for your customers. Understand Flash pretty much default opens with a browser. People generally don't have Flash Standalone/Debug on their systems.

If you don't want to use a browser your options are:

• Export to .exe file
  • Convert the .swf to a projector .exe with Adobe Flash Standalone
  • Adjust the local security settings

As for your Easypano .swf not displaying in another Flash app I don't know the issue is or what it is likely to be without far more information.

I'm sure if you were to send all the files to support@easypano.com they would look into it and advise you on what might be causing it and how to rectify it. But understand their support is around their products and not 3rd Party programs.

I hope I have given you at least part of the solutions you require.

Regards, Smooth [8D] 

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2010-08-25

Do you have Flash standalone installed? Without it you will need Flash to be displayed within a browser.

What program is .swf file associated with on your computer? I.E: When you double click a .swf what opens?

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-08-25
The SWF opens in the Flash Player window. And the window is plain white. nothing shows.

As to the embedding into my flash file i got the latest flash player for my browser, but still it wont work.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-08-26

Not sure if this is the problem you have but one thing I noticed was that the software I used to convert my file to swf sometimes published it incorrectly.  Get your swf loaded into whatever plays it, check the file size, put it into TW and see if it works.  I had a problem that the file converted (through my AVG converter) badly and, for example, a 3mb file I was able to view only converted to a few kb because of the problem.  When I tried to view this in TW it didn't work - not because the problem was with TW but because it had converted with problems.

Might be a long shot but I hope this is of some help...

sales@actualeducation.co.uk
www.actualeducation.co.uk
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2010-08-27

We simply need more information to be able to offer further help.

You first of all must be using the latest build of Tourweaver as there were problems with some previous releases.

Please advise of the build you are using and the full steps you are taking to produce your file.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-09-02
hmm...i did everything like specified, and still when i run the flash website and click the link to the SWF vt, nothing shows...theres got to be a solution, otherwise SWF is kinda useless
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2010-09-03
Quote: Originally posted by Mec2010 on September-02-2010
hmm...i did everything like specified,

No actually you didn't!

More information is required.

• 1) What build of Tourweaver are you using?
  • 2) What exact steps are you taking?
  • 3) Can you publish the sample Easypano tour to .swf?
  • 4) Can you view the sample Easypano .swf?

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-09-03
Hi Meca2010, I did have this problem but solved it in the end.

have you set your security settings in Adobe Flash. See Smooth post for details

Adobe Flash security settings

Apartment rentals Nerja

Villa rentals Nerja

Accommodation Nerja