panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-08-27

Map and screen display

hi there guys, so I'm till a little fresh to TW5 and am experimenting. Ideally I want to make a Tour with minimal skin.
I'd like to add a map without a map viewer... instead just a drop down panel when needed. How?
Whats the story with pop up windows?? what are they good for?
I'd like to add a semiopaque strip to the top and/or bottom of the viewer so that I can add controls and logo there. I Know who to make a semiopaque png... just how do i overlay ikt on the viewer?

Appreciatte your help here and will show off saome nice demos when done soonest ;-)
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2010-08-27

Rob,

You could do your map with a pop-up window. Really you are asking to place an image (a map image). Add a pop-up window and name it, set it's size and position either by X/Y or Azimuth by selecting the anchor point selection, place your (map) image on top.

Choose to set the pop-up window to hide initially (or not) and now make a button on your main window skin to open and close this pop-up window (this is set via actions) Show/Hide Pop-up Window ad this to your "events" column. Once in this column double click it in the list and it will open a window where you can set the window to open and other properties.

With your transparent bars you make these as .png files and simply place them on the scene main window being sure to anchor them into position you want them to remain between small and fullscreen display. You must be sure to make them wider than any display resolution the tour could be displayed on. I suggest you make them 3000 pixels wide.

"If" you wanted these bars to hide at any stage it would be a case for placing each bar in it's own pop-up window and assign an action to a button to control them.

I hope this gets you going.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-08-27
I don't care what the rest say... you're my hero
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2010-08-27

Yeah I've heard those rumors, flamin' mongrels!

Good on ya cobber, no worries mate - I reckon she'll be apples.

Regards, Smooth [8D]