panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-08-30

Publishing/saving glitch

So I built a new tour... previewed it and then published it... only to find that except for one photo all the other panos and photos as well as the map have not published. I'm useing TW5 in demo mode. My map is still in the pop up window and the scenes are still in the scene window... however if you click on the scenes they're not there and I'm replaceing them as I speak.
This is annoying!! Any clues what happend?
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-08-30
I just replaced the images and the map and preview worked just fine. I republish and get the same issue. ie now the panos are there but the photos aren't and whilst the map is there... the help image has vanished from the pop-up. Argghh!
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-08-30
How strange... I had a saved copy of the work and overwrote the file. I've published it now to a new folder and all is working.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-08-30
Well it continues to be a tad odd... I've published the tour and sometimes the map shows and sometimes it doesn't and sometimes the hotspots work and sometimes they don't. Looks like I'll be downloading TW5 again just in case there was some glitch in instalation.
Eitherway this is somewhat annoying and am curious if others have had similar experiences.
Oh yes and before I forget... I "replaced" all the scenes and hotspots were still there however my mouse over buttons vanished. Sighhh
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2010-08-30

Sounds like a reboot is needed.

Things sometimes get screwed up if you continually keep previewing and publishing.

Be sure you are naming things nicely and as expected. English a-z A_Z 0-9 only.

BTW: Why not try Tourweaver 6.0? Even more features!!!

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-08-30
Heya Smooth...

reboot is on the way as we speak...

I previewed the tour which only had 2 panos and 8 photos 7 times in all and published it only once... had the problem and republished twice more.

This was me testing the package... and still it let me down ;-(

Ho hum... but I've kinda come to expect the odd EP glitch... had just hoped that it would be free of them by now.

I'll be looking at TW 6 but want to ensure stability and bug issues are sorted before I invest to much time and any money in it.