panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-09-08

Flash Thumbnails in TW Pro

I've just downloaded the latest version of TW (6.00.100908) with the hope of using the Flash Thumbnails. I have read the newly added tutorial about setting the properties and couldn't find any way to remove or edit the Easypano wording across the corner of the thumbnail. Have I missed something or is it not possible to change this?
This feature is no good to me as it is and should at least be editable in the pro version. Until the Easypano wording is editable or at least removed, I will not be able to use this option.

Willie

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2010-09-08

Yes, it is useless.

The Easypano text cannot be "easily" removed unless you have Adobe Flash and your willing to edit it or make your own.

Easypano need to make some variations available that meet the "Pro" status of Tourweaver. Same goes for the "Speed Controller" we need more options and different colours. As it stands it is ugly, too large and not suitable for any of my designs.

Adding the options is GREAT, but without Flash skill and the very expensive program it is very limited.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-09-08
I guess (may be wrong, of course) that EP will actually make it configurable. I guess - they are trying this time the new approach. And if they they would/could even share the source of it, we could have unimaginable freedom to stylize and create own designs for the thumbnails :) I would love it :)

Best wishes,
Tomas
My Tourweaver components: http://www.optitecha.lt/categories/3
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2010-09-08

Tomas,

Of you go then. You will find the editable .fla versions in the

C:\Program Files\Easypano\Tourweaver 6 Professional Edition\resource (folder)

Tourweaver_ThumbnailGallery.fla

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-09-09
WOW! That's just gorgeus! :) It adds enormous capabilities. Now that EP exposed actionscript and API - anything you want you can create yourself.
Wanna deep linking, continuous tours, sophisticated behaviour - anything you can master yourself (if you are a good programmer, of course).
My dream has become true :)
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-09-09

???
Please, give us examples :-)

What tool do you use to attack this API ?

Dominique

Nikon D300s - Nikor 10.5 - (PW7 Pro + TW6 Pro) - W7 Ultim - DELL Prceision M6400 (Quad Core - 8GB - 2x160GB-SSD)
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2010-09-09

Dominique,

.fla and Action script (AS3) in this case are a code property of Adobe Flash. With a .fla file you gain access to the action script code and the actual graphics that make up the final .swf flash file.

If you know action scripting and have Flash CS you can edit the .fla to your liking and publish your own .swf files.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-09-09
Hi Dominique,

I didn't experimented yet, so i can't tell you details, i just take a quick look at .as (actionscript) code which is provided and saw that TourWeaver provides pointer to TourWeaver API. This means, i can call the functions which TW uses itself to change scene, open fullscreen, maybe hide hotspots and so on.
In a deep linking case, i would make actionscript (flash file) which reads params from URL string (for example: www.something.com/index.html?scene=firstscene) and the call corresponding TW function, like this._api.setSceneByName(scene).
Again - this is only a rough, not tested example. But - something like this should work.

Best wishes,
Tomas
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-09-10

Hi Madmux,

I'll have a look at this [:D].  But I'm not really interrested by giving more money for extra soft [:^:]

Regards,
Dominique

Nikon D300s - Nikor 10.5 - (PW7 Pro + TW6 Pro) - W7 Ultim - DELL Prceision M6400 (Quad Core - 8GB - 2x160GB-SSD)
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-09-10

Hi smooth, Madmux and all,

I did tried to modify the .fla and publish it again.

I'm realy not an expert with Flash, but I could open the .fla in Flash CS4, then I found this horrible Easypano green icon and replaced it with a transparent one.

Then I published it, but it seams that the .fla is for something else. The arrow are not in the right place and so on. I don't know if there is special setting to select in the Publish stettings of Flash CS4?

If someone have an idea, it would be realy cool to be able to edit or have a way to change just this image. For the rest we can live with it.

Madmux, Smooth you seams to be more expert on that, maybe you can give a try and share it with others.

Regards, Laurent

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-09-10
Hi Laurent,

It's to little information to say something, just want to ask: didn't you forget to select the flash file you published in the 'flash thumbnails' component properties. Publishing flash file in adobe photoshop will not replace it in tourweaver.

Just a quick thought,
Best wishes :)