panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-05-16

hubcap logo

Hello All,

Does anyone know how to add the hovering hubcap logo to Tourweaver? It worked great with panoweaver, so one would assume there is a way to code into Tourweaver.

Any help would be great.

zjoker

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-05-16

Hmmm I think panoweaver actually places the "Floor - Ceiling" caps directly into the image.  As the panorama rotates so does the cap because its a fixed part in the bottom of the panorama.

PtViewer.jar applet code allows for a 'floating' or hovering cap as seen on some of our Fort Worth Architecture 3D city map page.  This is done by placing a HOTSPOT "0" x, y location at the center bottom and displays a small premade cap. The premade cap is usually a transparent circle .gif file.  This cap does not rotate with the picture, but rather it floats in a fixed position.  We use it for advertising our client and our logo.  If someone wants to tilt far down they can see it. Otherwise it stays out of sight.

Dave

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-05-16

Thanks Dave,

I think I figured it out now. 

The settings are a bit different than placing the code in the PTViewer script, but the same concept. Tourweaver allows you to place hotspots in each pano (as you already know). I simply needed to place the transparent gif over the tripod at the bottom of the pano and it will hover. Still trying to find the correct XY settings to keep the image from wobbling though.

Thanks for your help,

zjoker

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-05-16

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone would like to share a quick tutorial on how to do the hovering floor cap in Tourweaver?

Would appreciate your help.

r,
eagle

p.s. Is the x,y related to the panoweaver x,y centers?  Perhaps that would prevent the wobbling effect?

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-05-16

Hello Eagle,

Tourweaver has simplified the hovering hubcap logo, but I have not got the XY positions yet (have not spent much time on that yet though).

I tried the XY positions I used with Panoweaver, they didnt match up the same in Tourweaver.

Basicly all you will need to do with Tourweaver is create your transparent gif image, place a hotspot into your pano (at the lower part of the pano to cover the tripod), change the image associated with that hotspot to your transparent gif image...That's it. After that maybe we both can work on getting the correct centered XY settings. It is programed to hover the image already.

Hope this helps a bit.

zjoker

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-05-16

Eagle..you can create the transparency with a number of programs, but I use Netstudio. It is very quick and easy to use for this purpose. I create a seperate logo for each client, so it has paid off having the program..Hope that helps as well.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-05-16

Thanks guys.

I actuallyknow how to create the tripod cap/hubcap. 

I'm interested in how you make the cap "hover" vs. the rotate when you rotate the image.  As far as I know, there's nothing in Tourweaver that does that for you.

So, do I need some kind of plug in?  Additional javascript files? 

Thanks,
eagle

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-05-16

nope..Tourweaver will hover the image for you.

Place a hotspot at the area of the tripod: In your selcetion fields to the right, change the image to your hubcap image. It will hover by itself.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-05-17
Hmmmm..... you've got me intrigued.

Apologize if I'm not getting this.

I can get the tripod cap to show without any problems using the insert floor cap feature within Tourweaver.

But the cap rotates along with the image.

Are you saying then that there is a feature within Tourweaver that makes the cap hover and not rotate with the pano image?

Thanks,
eagle
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-05-17

Maybe I can help.  We found that while using straight ptviewer.jar that the bottom floating tripod cap will be displayed if you provide the X and Y axsis.  For most of mine the HOTSPOT is 488 pixels on the X axis and 488 pixels on the Y axsis.  

The upper left corner of the panorama is considered the 0 or zero mark from which to measure.  So its is 488 pixels from the left edge of the image and 488 pixels down from the top of the image.

It might be that in Tourweaver the 0 zero mark is measured from another location.  Maybe 0 is center most in the image which is 50% from the left image side and 50% down from the image top?

OR from the top right or bottom right image side.

If you can get the hotspot image to display but in the wrong location I would think that if using trial X=0, Y=500 or the reverse x=500 and y =0 positions might help determine where the start measuring point is located.

Only a thought

Dave

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-05-17

Hi zjoker,

I completely missed your info about the hotspot:

"Place a hotspot at the area of the tripod: In your selcetion fields to the right, change the image to your hubcap image. It will hover by itself."

I'll give that a shot.

Thanks,
eagle