panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-09-28

TW4 Sound Narration Volume Control

Using tw4 I created nearly a dozen tours for a client a while back.  Now the client is interested in adding a. description narration for current scene and b. background music.

I have put the mp3 files in the sound folder.  However, I am hearing only the narration and there is no background music playing.  I have tried here the sound folder for the movie and the sound folder at the publishing window.  Neither of them are producing any sound?

I also would like to know how to control the volume of the sound files.

Lastly, I created an image in photoshop showing a speaker and a speaker with a line crossing it out.  I'm trying to use the image as a toggle image that shows first the speaker with the line to mute and toggle to speaker.  Trying to make it quick and easy to mute the sound.

I have found that opening an old tour and making changes seems to be very finicky.  I would prefer not to have to re-create the entire tour just to add background sound and narration.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-10-07

I'm having some real problems with TW4!

I open the .tw project file.  Add mp3 narration and mp3 background music file.  It will sometimes play the narration or the background music.  I had it play both files only once and published it.  Once published it rendered only the narration.

Why can't I save this file as?  What I mean is I open the project file make the mp3 changes and instead of selecting "save" or "save as" cause it ain't work'n.  It's like it's not overwriting the file?  The one time both files (mp3) played I had rebooted my pc.  What is the deal with different file types of .tw and .vtp?

My TW4 is and has been very buggy like this?  I'm running a brand new windows 7 machine with boat loads of power.

At this point, I am going to have to ask if someone out there is interested in doing some sub contract work.  I need to add narration and background music to A LOT of tours for a client.

Also, can I add a speaker icon to kill the volume or to control the volume?

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2010-10-08

Firstly there is currently no way of controlling volume with a tour. You need to make the volume adjustments in your audio recordings. I use the "free" Audacity program. Sure you can add an icon/button to mute the sound from being heard.

• Narration should be added to each scene
  • Background music added via the Publish Settings>(General Tab)>Background Sound File

Scene Sound

Background Tour Sound

You obviously can insert sound also via HTML and using Flash where it is possible to get Flash Juke Box players that also contain volume control. Could be a simple as "a pixel" .swf containing a sound file (commonly used in ebay auctions).

With TW5 and TW6 you can add Flash files directly to the stage when building your tour. TW4 I really don't remember that well as TW5 was rushed out to fix a multitude of issues. I'd suggest it might be worth the upgrade if your not entitled to it via your user control panel.

Hope this helps.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-10-08
Thanks Smooth,
I will worry about a sound controller when I'm able to add sound.

My .mp3 file for the "scene" / "narration" works. My .mp3 for background sound does not.

Both .mp3 files are in the sound folder. Any ideas?

Not sure about upgrading, mate? May look into other options. It has always been this way here. Instead of fixing and working out bugs easyp rushes to send out the next version.
Anyway, just looking for some help on adding the background music at this point.
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2010-10-08

Are you sure that the .mp3 files are compliant and work correctly?

As a test if you put the background sound file in the narration scene sound position does it play?

I tested TW6 with two sound files just now and all worked correctly.

It is also worth checking that the sound files are ending up in the published folders where expected.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-10-08
Hey pixelator, I have not played with sound files much but coiuld offer some sub contract help if required. ;-)
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-10-08
Quote: Originally posted by smooth on October-08-2010

Are you sure that the .mp3 files are compliant and work correctly?

As a test if you put the background sound file in the narration scene sound position does it play?

I tested TW6 with two sound files just now and all worked correctly.

It is also worth checking that the sound files are ending up in the published folders where expected.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Mate,

I've tried everything!
There was one time that I had both files play and I published the tour.  The published tour only played the "scene" .mp3.  Going to try and play with it somemore but about to give up.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-10-08
Quote: Originally posted by phoenixrising on October-08-2010
Hey pixelator, I have not played with sound files much but coiuld offer some sub contract help if required. ;-)

I have a total of 7 tours that contain 87 scenes.

I did not figure it would be this difficult to simply open the project file (.tw) and add some narration to the scene with some background music.

Shoot me a pm with your price quote if interested.

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2010-10-08
Quote: Originally posted by pixelator on October-08-2010
Mate,

I've tried everything!
There was one time that I had both files play and I published the tour.  The published tour only played the "scene" .mp3.  Going to try and play with it somemore but about to give up.

Have you cleared your cache? Could be a corrupt file. Tried opening with a different browser that hasn't viewed the tour before?

Regards, Smooth [8D]