panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-10-07

New industrial tour

Hi guys, so hre is one of my first tours in a good couple of years and 3rd attempt with TW5. I thought I'd share the process and workflow I experienced.

Aim: Create a tour around a window factory useing HDR panos and supporting photography. Also develop a seperate presentation based around TW5. (I'd have liked to have added some text here explaining what we're seeing but the client was time sensitive to delivery and unable to furnish us with required data.

Tools: Canon 30D + Sigma 8mm, heavy grade Manfroto tripod, Agnos panohead, microleveler.

Production: Apple MAC book pro 17' + PS CS4, Noise Ninja. for image pre- and post- stich as well as all map and skin components; Toshiba PC + TW5 & PW4 for panostich and tour.

The shoot: Approx 4 hours at clint to take required 4x3 shots for 9 panos and ca 70 stills (post production that is). This equates to around 300 shots on the day.

Time: I calculated 1 hour per pano: initial image sorting in RAW and publish the multiple exposures as tifs, upload tifs to PS and blend for HDR, upload to PW4 and stich, re-upload to PS for post stich corrections. resize and optimise to 4000x2000 jpg approx 1-2mb. This also includes uploading the ready panos to TW and associated TW work.
I also spent a good half day processing and sorting the stills down to my top 78 images and put them together and linked them in TW as part of a highlight to a given pano. (Again I'd have liked to have added a sound track or text to illistrate the image viewed.)

The tour is 900x600 which seems like a nice compromise on size for me especially as the users have the chance to go full screen.
I also developed a larger (1200x700) version of this tour (not shown here) adding a series of screen shots of the website whilst integrating additional controls so that it could be used as an offline .exe presention.

All in all I probably spent 3 days working on this tour of which 1 day I need to discount on experiments, developing new skins and map ideas as well as testing to TW5 output and another on taking the images plus travel time.
Now that the workflow with TW is established I'll be able to calculate 30 mins per pano for image processing and TW work + 1 x 45mins for initial TW setup and tests.

Results: The nice thing with this client was that I contacted him to update his old TW1.30 tour to flash and would have charged him a relatively modest amount and inclucded a new groovy map. But instead the project widened to include reshooting the panos for full screen, a half day photo shoot for stills, an additional presentation version of the tour as well as a reskin and upgrade of the exisiting website.

MABO Tour
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-10-07
Oh and for thos interested in the stills taken for the tour:
stills
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-10-07

Very nice job !

What tool did you used to create the map ?

Dominique

Nikon D300s - Nikor 10.5 - (PW7 Pro + TW6 Pro) - W7 Ultim - DELL Prceision M6400 (Quad Core - 8GB - 2x160GB-SSD)