panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-11-16

html link problem

Hi guys,

I started a thread regarding a map hot spot problem:
http://www.easypano.com/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=6&TopicID=5634&PagePosition=1
which, as I got no response from EP I'd like to bring into the forum again.

Attached to that mail youll find a 50mb file of still images thats right without any panoramas yet - only which
are linked together with a map.

Initially the problem I described was that when I published the tour half of the hotspots had moved from the map and had renamed themselves as something else.
This was resolved by me cancelling the map and starting again. Whilst that was a solution it did mean that I had to spend 2-3 extra hours to redo and test the work which is very annoying but a typical Easypano issue... i.e. some kind of odd bug.

Anyhow. Ive now redone the tour and added an html link to each picture which is activated by clicking anywhere on the image. It works when I test it in preview but not when I publish it. I tested on both PC and MAC useing various browsers. On my MAC it said something about: Flash has detected a potentially dangerous task... then after that none of the links will open a separate html page. Ive
republished it tested again with the same result.

So what is actually very straight forward stuff is still proving to be difficult to resolve. Please help me out as Im running late with this little project and its been eating up my time and my clients are getting very angry. I could have put this all into a basic html page which would have been easier in retrospect but I put these stills into a TW module because well add panos at a later time.

Below is a link to download the file if anyone else apart from EP wants to have a look and help. The "tour" is in German so please click "Stand bersicht" and then one of the highlighted hotspots to have a look at one of the images. Virtually all the images reviewed via the map will have a html link built onto it. images are all 900x600 as are the html buttons. As said it works when under preview but not when published.
Please note that this is still TW5 under demo mode... Is that what the problem could be??

http://www.yousendit.com/download/dklwSmI0WlQwMEZjR0E9PQ
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2010-11-16

You must adjust your "local" Flash security settings and/or local browser security settings.

Uploaded it should work fine. I would suggest you make a small version, upload and test.

Regards, Smooth  [8D]

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-11-16
Hi there Smooth,

I've adjusted my security settings on both my PC and MAC. Please tell me that this is not an issue that every user will experience who's going to view this micro site? If it is this is a real issue that'll put users off and will stop me from being able to add links into EP tours.

Thanks for your valuable input as always sir.
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2010-11-16

If it is online it will be fine.

Regards, Smooth [8D]