panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-11-29

Tourweaver 6 Button State

Found in the help files that if you name a button xxx_1, xxx_2 and so on it automatically adds them to the button different button states. Works just likes it says

However, it's not working like I'm wanting it to.

I have a set of .png one with the arrow point down (open pop up) and one with the arrow pointing up (close pop up). When the pop up opens I want the new .png image to show the arrow pointing up to close it. I have done this with several images within this tour and I can't even find where the "roll over" images are at? Totally lost on this one

Any ideas?

Link To Tour The "welcome" button is the one I'm referring too.
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2010-11-29

You will need to do this via "Toggle Button"

Select Toggle Button from the drop down and then click the icon to the right of the drop down list to open the Toggle Buttons Settings.

You will see you have three image states.

On a side note: Your video needs to be fed via .flv for streaming and the display via a .swf (Flash) wrapper with controls so you can start the presentation again, rewind, pause, loop and stop etc. Take a look at www.flashvideostudio.com or similar.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-11-29

Hello Pix ,

Just as smooth said you need to do this by "Toggle Button".As you want the down arrow to open the pop up ,and the up arrow to close the pup up. so you need to chose down arrow as the first button image and the up arrow as the second button image.At last ,in the action option please chose Show/Hide Popup window.

This is donald from easypano,welcome you to use our products and visit our forum.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-11-29
No go on the button It simply is not changing to the up arrow when clicked on. I've added a couple of screen shots.

Button State

Button Action

I just want the button to do like the other buttons in the tour. It automaically added the second image to the second (mouse over). I don't want it to just mouse over. I want it displayed the entire time the popup window is open. Then when clicked on return to the original position of the down arrow.

Smooth,
I'm having troubles with a simple button much less your side note
I added the video per instructions from the Tourweaver help files. I am using Moyea Converter With it I can convert my video and save it as a .flv or .swf. Could you explain with further detail what I need to be doing?
Thanks mate.
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2010-11-29

The above images show a working example properties & actions.

See a sample working at www.omnipix.net/temp/flv_sample (no sound).

Back to your Moyea converter software. It is very much like MOVAVI Convert Video/DVD. It doesn't offer the option to make a .flv with .swf wrapper like  Flash Video Studio. Download the trial to see the further options like watermarking and effects etc. You add the .swf to the pop-up window and copy the .flv (that the .swf will control) into the "root" directory of the published tour (where the .html files hang out!). 

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-11-29

Thank you Smooth,

I can see by your example what I'm doing wrong with the image buttons.  Thank you!

As for the Flash Video Studio, is this really something I need?  What am I gaining by purchasing this product?

Tourweaver simply says add the .flv for video.  Tourweaver also lets you choose how to style the movie.  I did notice though that once you hit pause it takes you back to the start of the movie. 

Did you let the tour play through the first (porch) scene and take you to the second scene (living) where I have the movie on the t.v?  I've tried this tour on several different machines at work and I'm getting broken/choppy video that is not playing smoothly.  Will this software help in this area?

Thanks for the help mate!

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-11-30
Link To Tour

Gave the software a go this evening and liked the results for the most part.

First, I was unable to use a .swf and call the .flv when adding it to the television in the living scene. Used the .flv video from the output of the flash video studio which is now at least a compressed version which will hopefully load up quickly.

Second, I added the .swf and call the .flv when adding it to the "Welcome" button (which I got sorted, thanks mate). However, now when I close the pop-up window housing the .swf the sound continues. How do I set the button properties to stop the .swf?
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2010-11-30

Pixel,

It is a case of having to stop or pause the video if you are going to close the window before seeing it through to the end.

Until such time as video/audio can be assigned it's own ID via Tourweaver this will always be a limitation.

You "tv" video now plays without the jerkiness.

You will note you can control the volume of the video separately to the background sound via the .swf wrapper. Personally I would lower the sound of your background music.

You can also add or remove buttons from the FVS wrapper as desired.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-11-30
hhmmmmm, believe I like the option of adding just the .flv instead of wrapping it an .swf if I have no control over it stopping when the "welcome" button is clicked. Each time the button gets clicked a new video starts leaving several audio tracks overlapping...not good ;)

As for the "tv" video, it is the .flv and is not wrapped in an .swf. So I don't think I can control the volume?

I have found from searching and a past thread that you recommend Audacity to control the volume, do you/would you still make this recommendation? I realize that my "background .mp3" is a little loud and would like to adjust it.
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2010-11-30

The issue is with the .flv with no wrapper you have no control. You can't reply it, it gets to the end and stops. Going back to the scene later doesn't restart it. Same with your TV version, once it ends it's over. The init start/stop option still doesn't work properly in TW6.

None of the solutions are perfect and this is a limitation Easypano need to address.

Audacity will deal with your sound files no problem. Though Easypano once told us that one of the new features of TW6 was volume control.

Regards, Smooth [8D]