panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-11-29

Buttons/windows/popups

Hi there,

I'm trying to create a navigation bar via pop-up. The idea being:

Apperance for the user:

Bottom of screen shows semi-transparent Navigation bar. On mouse over semi tarnsparent image vanishes and visable bar becomes visable and has buttons with which to navigate the virtual tour.

My present workflow:

1.Made semi-transparent and visable .png images and buttons to be used.

2.Popup window1 has semi-transparent image added; I disabled "initially hide pop-up" as it should be visable on tour start; I added a transparent button over the whole of the pop-up and added action "show hide pop-up" on mouse over with immediatly hide pop-up window immediatly on mouse leave" activated.

here's where I get the conflict because all i get is the second pop-up which has the visable naviogation bar blink on an off. I presume that this is because the visable pop-up is over the transparent pop up and contains the normal navigation buttons.

Any ideas apart from me just having a show/hide navigation bar which is not that elegant?
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2010-11-29

When you mouse over the "first" pop-up window that is already being displayed at start up you need to hide this window so that is the first action.

The second action is to "show" pop-up window 2 that contains the actual buttons (this window is initially hidden). Now you can use the buttons. The next action is when the mouse leaves this "bar" (that is window 2) you need to "show" pop-up window 1 and "hide" pop-up window 2.

It goes without saying that both pop-up window 1 and 2 will have the same positions and size.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-11-29
Sorry if I'm being thick... but be kind enough to explain that in a tad more detail. I've tried to figure the correct combo of commands for the hierachy but seem to be missing something.:

As said both pop-ups same place and size.

Pop1 (P1) is already open.
>1st action for P1 "show/hide (s/h) P1 on mouse over (m/o)"
>2nd action is "open Pp2 (o P2)"

Pop2 (P2) (initally closed) is now open.

What I'm missing is the path from here as I tried this on P2 so that I can use the "close on mouse leave" (c/m) element:

>s/h P2 with c/m activated
>open P1 as 2nd action

But that invariably starts the loop all over again and doesn't even close pop2 on mouse leave.

So it's the "when mouse leaves the bar" that my dull brain is not connecting to. ;-)

If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-11-30

Hello Phoenixrising ,

I have a suggestion for you.Please set the two pop-up winsows at different size and put them at different places in the mainwindow to avoid overlap.

This is donald from easypano,welcome you to use our products and visit our forum.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-11-30
Donald mate... you're missing the whole point. I know that I can have two, seperat windows... Please read what I'm trying to achieve, I thought I made it easy to understand! All I want to be able to achieve is a men that open and closes on mouse over / mouse leave. Smooth seems to think it is possible but you're kinda saying it doesn't. So what is it? Worse case scenario I'll have little show hide switches but I'm trying to find an elegant solution.
I'll up some pictures if you really need them.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-11-30

Hello Phoenixrising ,

Please try the following steps :

1.Add two pop-up windows(pop-up window1 and pop-up window2).

2.Add a semi-transparent image to pop-up window1.

3.Add the bars you need in pop-up window2 

4.Add two actions to the semi-transparent image: action1 -->"close pup-up window(please chose pop-up window1);action2-->open pop-up window(please chose pop-up window2)

5.Please preview the tour.

But I'm very sorry that you can't achieve it by "mouse over/leave",it can only be achieved by click.

Please have a try ,If you have any questions ,just post it here and I will try my best to find a sulotion for you.

This is donald from easypano,welcome you to use our products and visit our forum.
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2010-11-30

Rob,

I may have sent you up the garden path a little as I didn't actually test it and I also have confused some of the features of competing software. Nevertheless you can always think of ways of achieving. You just have to step outside the box a little.

Here is a sample. Is this something like you want to achieve?

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-11-30
principly yes Smooth... and don't worry I was already having a wonder down the path before I asked the question here ;-)
But yes, this is what I want to achieve - though this one only seems to work sometimes - but can't as also confirmed by EP. So the whole idea becomes somewhat redundant and loses it's appeal as a design feature.

Now I'm not much of a coder but feel that this 1 extra little feature or at least the ability to close on mouse leave which triggers an action would allow greater creative freedom and allow a more engageing experience. If it's not already feratured then it surly can't be that much of an issue to possibly include it in an update of the newly to be debugged TW6.

If you got a solution here buddy I'd be interested as I'm experimenting with user-interface and usability issues. Otherwise I'll just work within the constraints I've already outlined here. I'll be putting the base demo up shortly...

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-11-30
Hi guys, well here's the demo of the tour I was fiddling with. It's still in Demo mode as usual... I had to compromise on the effect I wanted to achieve which is a pity and may have overdone it a tad with adding edges and shadows to many element... but it''s a full working test though without a map.

link
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-11-30

Looks like you got a good sharp edge on that axe ;)

Good stuff, very clean looking.