panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-11-30

Useing sound

I'm seeing a cliengt tomorrow who'll want to add sound to a TW5 tour. I have not used sound as of yet but have reviewed the help files.
Can I confirm that I'll be able to have a background track as well as individual scene sound files that'll give a discription of a given scene? EP help files imply thbis is possible... or are there certain issues that I should know about? What about the mute button will this mute background and scene file together or can I actually control this individually? EP states that only mp3's can be played. Any issues here?
Sorry to be asking so many questions but I have no time to review the forum help pages anymore but'll be able to have a quick glimpse here in the morning.

Thx in advance gang ;-)
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-11-30
Yes on the dual sound files. Not sure on how the mute button will work using 2 files.  
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-11-30

Hey mate,

Link To Latest Testing

Mute button works for the background .mp3 and also works on the second scene of the tour where the television plays a .flv.  Seems if you select the mute button it mutes both channels.

Easypano once claimed TW would have volume control but this has yet been implemented.  I will be testing Smooths recomendation of Audacity to better control (lower) the volume of the background .mp3

Hope this has helped

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-11-30
Well, i guess we have no means to disable one sound while playing other. At least i didn't find a way to mute background-sound. If you use mute button - it mutes all the sounds.
My Tourweaver components: http://www.optitecha.lt/categories/3
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-12-01

Hello Phoenixrising ,

I'm sorry that TW5 can't stop one sound while playing another .I have submited this problem to our TW developer,when this problem is resolved I will send the solution to you at once.

This is donald from easypano,welcome you to use our products and visit our forum.
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2010-12-01

Mute within Tourweaver equals mute all sounds. .mp3 is the format required and you are best to stick with 44.1Kz, 128Kbps and 192Kbps for quality of sound and stereo output.

Until we can assign individual audio/video ID's the only way you can control audio individually is to add them to the tour via a flash object with their own controls. Using Flash objects will allow muting of individual sounds.

Try out the trial of Flash Music Studio

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-12-01
Thanks for a great idea smooth!

Madmux
My Tourweaver components: http://www.optitecha.lt/categories/3
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-12-01
Quote: Originally posted by donald on December-01-2010

when this problem is resolved I will send the solution to you at once.

Could you send it to all of us through the newsletter or post it as latest upgrades?
Thank you,
Pixel 

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-12-01
Thankyou all for your input guys... helped alot.

Hey Pixelator... love the TV spot... did you manage to solve the issue with multiple loads on welcome?

Madmux... looks like I'll be needing you deeplink tool ;-) I'm waitng for the client to confirm... but looks a go. Oh yes, was it on your site that I saw a menu in a flip book? If yes how do I do that?

Smooth... nice tip there buddy ;-)

Donald... look forward to the update to TW5. Will propbably be moving to TW6 as soon as the bugs are out.
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-12-01

Quote: Originally posted by phoenixrising on December-01-2010

Hey Pixelator... love the TV spot... did you manage to solve the issue with multiple loads on welcome?

Thanks for the kudos!

Did not really "solve" it, that will be up to Easypano.
There are two options;
The first is to use the "button" to open and close the .flv and have no functions of play, pause, etc.

The second is to wrap the .flv in a .swf that gives you functions of play, pause, etc.  But with this the end user must click on stop/pause before closing/selecting the "button".  If this does not happen the sound continues.  If the "button" is selected yet again a new track starts.

I went with option one and simply placed a .flv into the pop-up and use the "button" to open and close it.  I have no controls but until Easypano gives another option, I feel it's the best at this point.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-12-02
Thx matey... that's pretty much what I heard from the thread you had there. But you know how it is... it's us users that help EP find additional enhancements for the product range. lets hope they get 1 or 2 of them our way so that we can produce even better work. I'll be building a ne Hotel tour with a backing track for the time being but really quite like the idea of a TV intro when the user visits a given room.
I have yet to experiment with wrapping .flv files with .swf and'll be back to badger you guys with some questions here. ;-)