panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-06-08

Actual Size Problem on Tourweaver 1.25

Hello all,
I recently puchased Tourweaver Pro 1.25, and have noticed an issue with still images. When I import still photos, and set them to "ACTUAL SIZE" in my layout, during the Auto Guided Tour, the images appear to be displaying as Best Fit, which does not display the entire photo, and it looks bad. Has anyone else experinced this? Am I missing something?

Thanks for everyone's help in advance.

Robert
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-06-08
Quote: Originally posted by 360pix on June-08-2004
Hello all,
I recently puchased Tourweaver Pro 1.25, and have noticed an issue with still images. When I import still photos, and set them to "ACTUAL SIZE" in my layout, during the Auto Guided Tour, the images appear to be displaying as Best Fit, which does not display the entire photo, and it looks bad. Has anyone else experinced this? Am I missing something?

Thanks for everyone's help in advance.

Robert

Yes, I actually noticed same kind of behaviour in the same circumstances.. seems like Tourweaver 1.25 (or is this version dependant?) has some problems with still images / slideshows -> note my previous post where I told about other problem concerning still images...

I send email to Easypano support about that problem mentioned in the previous post, and I got an answer where they told that the problem I described seems to be a bug in Tourweaver 1.25 (they got the same result that I did)! They promised to fix it asap.

So maybe you should send email to them about this problem?

- Hans

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-06-08

Hi,

To ensure that the still image looks right, I always make a note of the tour window size in pixels.  I then adapt the still picture to that size.

A side benefit to that is that you can significantly lighten the file size which helps tour download.

Thanks,
eagle

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-06-08
Thanks for the replies everyone. The one thing that I forgot to mention in my previous post was that, if you manually click-though the still images through the thumbnails, then the images display correctly. I have the VIEWER window sized correctly to capture the entire still images, it is just when they are imported that I cannot set parameters to display correctly in the Guided Tour. Seems like a bug to me, and I would really like to get this resolved due to the fact that I purchased this software to create tours for clients, so I am behind schedule, which is not good at all.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-06-09

Quote: Originally posted by 360pix on June-08-2004

Thanks for the replies everyone. The one thing that I forgot to mention in my previous post was that, if you manually click-though the still images through the thumbnails, then the images display correctly. I have the VIEWER window sized correctly to capture the entire still images, it is just when they are imported that I cannot set parameters to display correctly in the Guided Tour. Seems like a bug to me, and I would really like to get this resolved due to the fact that I purchased this software to create tours for clients, so I am behind schedule, which is not good at all.

360pix, I can personally confirm everything you say, I experienced the same thing. I also used "correctly" sized jpg still images. Worked ok when clicked from List Box, Combo Box or thumbnails, but problems when they were part of the slideshow...

I am 99,9% sure that this is also bug in the software, same way than the bug I reported and which was confirmed by the Easypano staff (->when still image is part of the slide show, Statusbar and Scene Description texts for the still image do not show. Have you tested this behaviour, 360pix?).

I am also doing a tour for my clients, and have to wait for a fix. Let Easypano staff know about this bug also, 360pix !

- Hans

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-06-09
Hello Hans,
I received a very quick email response when I sent in my issue to Easypano support staff. The problem is that you must manually go into the Movie and set new parameters for each slideshow frame. This was there direction. It was not very obvious to me at first on how this is done, because the Slideshow movie is LOCKED. I sent Easypano another inquiry on how to unlock in order to set the parameters accordingly, and have not heard anything yet.

The thing I did do was create a copy of the slideshow in another Movie, and was able to get things to work propertly from there. It seems the default ZoomIn setting is 315, and my viewer width is 450, so I had to reset all of the default 315 setting to 450. Kind of a pain, but it worked. Since I am still new to the program, I am probably missing something, but have done some good digging in the HELP, and was not able to find anything on being able to default this setting to something else. Seems to me, it should pull from the VIEWER width set up in the skin that is being used. I would also like to be able to set ACTUAL SIZE as the default as opposed to BEST FIT when importing still images. Anyway, if anyone else has any more to add to this, I would greatly appreciate it.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-08-19

Hi,

I just created a tour and seem to be having the same problem. I have resized all my still photos to the viewer's size and width, and with the slide show they appear to be a bit distorted but if you select an individual photo out side of the slide show the appearance is much better.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-08-19
I've overcome the issue by noting pixelsize of viewer, creating a base layer and then superimposing the given photo (albeit in a smaller size so that the base layer acts as a boarder) onto the layer. Now all photos are the exact size of the viewer and I've had no distortion issues. (However this is an extra step in the workflow)
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-08-19
Seems like a ton of work on something that should be a fundamental feature/action within the application if you ask me. I have not used TourWeaver in quite some time, because I simply cannot add production time into a project that really should not require it.